Wednesday 2 March 2022

From Iain W- 28mm Napoleonic Austrian Landwehr (120 points)

Another Austrian Infantry unit,this time a Lower Austrian Landwehr unit in grey. Victrix plastic figures, slightly more exaggerated than Perry ,nice to paint, they started out as Vienna Volunteers but I couldn't face painting their breeches white,so they're Lower Austrian Landwehr, all in grey!







I will have to do the Vienna Volunteers at some point I guess, but not just yet. Flag from Victrix, a 1792 one, the officer shouldn't really have a sash at this period in the Landwehr but I didn't want to butcher such a lovely characterful figure, almost finished the next unit of Landwehr, so you should see them next week, had a bout of covid which has hit production but all good now, I'm going to have to get a wiggle on to catch up!

Points 24 28mm  figures x 5 is 120 to my total and the Napoleonic duel 

All the best 

Iain 

*** 

Fantastic work Iain! I just love Austrians, and love Napoleonics, so this submission really speaks to me. It also reminds me that, shamefully, I have no Landwehr in my own collection...something I should probably look into during one of these Painting Challenges, eh?

 

21 comments:

  1. Well done Iain! They look so good all lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the utmost respect for anyone that attempts a Victrix plastic box set. It's just such an intimidating pile of plastic. These look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say it's an excellent kit, they've got the balance between conversion and rapid assembly about right, not something that could be said about their early kits, assembling their Napoleonic French figures was a fiddly, time consuming nightmare!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Really loving these Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking Landwehr, the all grey uniforms are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These boys certainly look the business all ranked up! I applaud your decision on what unit they’d be based on the colours you felt like painting - it is a hobby after all and we should enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, it was more what colours I didn't fancy painting, still back to some white coated line infantry next!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Thanks Greg, you definitely need some Landwehr, the bonus being that they're not in white uniforms!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Iain! I like both the Perry and Victrix ranges,but I do pick up the Victrix often for the animation of the sculpts. The faces on them are nice and characterful. The gray turned out very well! I suggest the speed paint/contrasts for white. They remove a lot of frustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, I think the Victrix heads are better and the Perry bodies are better! I'll have to look at contrast for whites,it gives me an excuse to try it!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  8. those are some really good Austrians Iain!

    ReplyDelete