Wednesday 2 March 2022

From RustyP - Logical Beings on Vulcan - (35 points)

I managed to get a few individuals painted over the weekend.  Not much, but I do hope in the next few weeks to finish some items that I've started.  

First up I have a logical being from the Necrontyr.  This one is a Cryptek.  I won't get into all the details of what they do but in short they do a lot of 'busy work' for their overlords.  The green resurrection orb in his hand is for well... resurrection of destroyed Necron buddies.  Kinda handy in a scrap!

GW Fine Cast Resin Model


Rear View of Undead Robot. lol


Side View of Orb... Let's fight again BOYS!

Next I finished a couple of unique logical beings.  Both 28mm minis are from Otherworld Miniatures.  I really like their dungeon miniatures range.  The Mind Flayer is especially intelligent and looks down upon everything else.  The other miniature is a doppelganger (he even has pointy ears).  Dangerous being that is worth looking up and reading about if one is not familiar.  There's one in the Netflix series The Witcher!

Front View


Rear View

Points:

3 ea 28mm Miniatures @ 5 pts = 15 pts.

Vulcan planet bonus = 20 pts.

Total =35 pts.

Greg, please select a planet for me to venture in the middle ring since I completed 4 in the outer ring.  It'll be fun to see if I can match something to it!


That's it for this week.  Hope to do a little more for the coming weeks.

***

Very nice Paul. I am a 40k fan, and I do like how GW have evolved the Necron figure line into these sort of undead-machine-bad guys. The figures for that range get nicer all of the time, and you have done fine work on your Necron here. Finecast is sure a let-down, though, is it not? I bet it was fun trying to sort out his staff...

Your submission covers off the "logic", and also the pointy ears! Very nice Mind Flayer and Doppleganger!

Choose a planet? Hmmm...let's go with LV426 as your next destination. Many folks traveling there have rattled on and on about "aliens" - but I'm sure your visit will proceed smoothly, with almost no trouble at all, right? Good luck!

GregB

11 comments:

  1. Great looking necron and lovely mind flayer and doppelganger!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy looking folks. Love the green orb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, love the mind flayer. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool figures! I really like the Cryptek.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, they've come a long way since that first free Necron metal I got with White Dwarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Rusty! They turned out really well. I really like the work on the mind flyer and that is a nice sculpt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for the kind comments. I agree that the sculpts are good. As for the Necrons, yes they have come a long way. I got the fine cast model in a bits bin for 4 bucks. He was missing the orb so I used a 'airsoft' plastic pellet (that I still find under things in the house from our sons sleepovers) as a substitute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice group, I wouldn't want to meet any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. really cool Rusty, I do like the Necron a lot!

    ReplyDelete