Monday 9 January 2023

Iain W 28mm Napoleonic casualty markers 40 points

 For my first post I have managed to finish 16 x 28mm Napoleonic casualty markers, mainly French line, they're all Perry and most of them are the plastic French casualty figure you get in the French heavy cavalry plastic sprue. Then there are three metal figures from the retreat from Moscow donkey cart, I bought donkey cart as dressing for my Russian village, so these chaps were surplus and I figured waste not, want not!

We have six French line infantry figures, three more painted as Italian line infantry ( a little clue as to what else I might be doing later in the Challenge?) Two for my Nassau battalions and one each for the Anhalt and Shwarzbug Sanderhausen, first, second, fifth and sixth confederation of the Rhine regiments that were painted up before Christmas during my ill advised attempt to paint 250 28mm Napoleonic figures in a month for our family Christmas war game we played in Loire  ( first picture), I wasn't too far off although basing is more this years work!















So that's 16 prone 28mm figures, 8 x 5 , 40 points to my total, I'm still working on the mounted element of the Imperial guard, plus Austrians, Italians and of course some dark age figures at some point I hope!

All the best 

Iain 

Bring out your dead (and wounded)!  Great stuff Iain really fine little casualty stand.   I am looking forward to seeing the upright versions of these fine Napoleonic figures - especially the Italians.  You got me head scratching to figure out which campaign Italians, Nassuers and Confederation troops served together - any hints? Spain?  Russia?

Christmas in the Loire and playing with your fine Napoleonic - where do I sign up!

Just a reminded to add tables to your post - I've added a few but you may want to check if I've missed any.

21 comments:

  1. Thanks Peter, I'll try and make sure I add the labels in future. I was collecting for the 1809 Danube campaign so the Italians are Kosher, then I started adding Confederation of the Rhine, Rhinebund regiments and I think my compulsion to complete kicked in, plus nephew no 1 has a British army for the Penisular, the Anhalt and Shwarzbug Sanderhausen are good for the Tyrolean element of the 1809 campaign.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Iain, it is always tricky to summon up the interest to paint up casualty markers (at least, it is for me), but they do work a treat for the game once you have it going, so great job getting these out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, I find they neaten the table up nicely!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Really nice work Iain

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, I was thinking of you as we were gaming so close to you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Very nice and useful, Iain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, Iain. Love the choice of Anhalt and Schwarzburg Sonderhausen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do like the little German states, I've still got a contingent from Reuss to do, maybe I'll squeeze them in the Challenge?
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. I always like me some nice dice stands/casualty markers and these are an excellent set

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wargaming in the Loire?! I await my invitation for the next game. :) Great work Iain. The 1809 campaign is a personal favourite of mine - such varied units with lots of drama and colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, it was fun, Matt's just up the road and you can't go wrong with 1809!
      Best Iain

      Delete