Sunday 5 February 2023

From PhilH: SciFi from a Galaxy Far, Far Away (74 Points)

AHPC Studios has provided great impetus to revisit my stop-start Star Wars project. Most of my Imperials were painted a couple of years back, but I've a suitably motley collection of Rebels that I hadn’t got round to. For the SciFi Studio, here's a squad of them ready to fight for freedom and democracy and all that good stuff.



These are one of the original Rebel squads from the Legion Core set, done in forest camo and basing. I aimed for a slightly rag-tag look, I’m thinking I’ll do a second squad probably in brownish camo, similar colours to oak leaf and mix them up.



I was pleased with how the blue-skinned duros came out, I went over his skin a few times before I was content, working from purple shadows, through blue. There's quite a bit of stippled texture to his bald head, that doesn't really come out in the photo.



Also the Rebel he's with got his screen accurate white beard, apparently that’s obscure named character 'Nik Sant'.


They are joined by an Astromech droid. This was going to be a future Studio but I decided to do something else instead. This is a 3D Print, I don't recall the source, probably Thingiverse. The off-white on black played merry hell with the photos.


Seven 35mm infantry at 7 Points each = 49

The Astromech is a bit diddy, so say 5 points for it

20 Points for SciFi Studio

For a total of 74 Points, a third studio and my second squirrel.



Nice to see Star Wars stuff that isn't just white and black. Great job on this squad

30 comments:

  1. More splendid looking star wars figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking bunch of rebels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Star Wars bunch. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Rebel troopers, Phil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking squad of Rebels, Phil. I like the grey, grizzled squaddie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s a fan theory retcon that it’s actually megafavourite Clone Captain Rex who survived to the Rebellion.

      Delete
  6. Good stuff, nice grim looking crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter! Not sure I was going for grim here

      Delete
  7. I like how these are painted. Never can have enough Rebel Trooprs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I should start the other three squads when I’m not faffing with other things.

      Delete
  8. These are great. This year's theme seems to be Star wars, which is not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, nothing to do with the 7 points a piece they’re worth I’m sure!

      Delete
  9. Good looking Rebels you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to paint some more now don’t I Millsy?

      Delete
  10. Nice work, Phil! I love the camouflage! Legion is probably my favorite mini game never played....I think it plays into my star wars action figure collecting fetish! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! You’ll still finish an army before I will :-)

      Delete