Sunday 5 February 2023

From StuartL - Big China in Little Trouble - High Adventure - 65 Points

Hello again,

It is time for me to finish off the Green Zone of the studios with a trip to the High Adventure stage. I was um-ing and ah-ing about what to paint for this, but finally settled on some minis to represent that most important of elements to a good adventure, the bad guys. All of these models are from Northstar's A Fistful of Kung-Fu range. 


Any good protagonist must have an equally despicable antagonist to fight against. In this case we have a sorcerer versed in all of the darkest magics and a Jiangshi, or Chinese Hopping Vampire as his bodyguard.


Providing the real muscle for the sorcerer are three flying demons and a minor demon. Armed with deadly weapons (or just really sharp claws), these four will be a challenge for any hero to overcome.


Finally, every good bad guy needs some talentless mooks to throw at the hero to keep them on their toes. These three gangster/cultist types should provide just enough of a distraction so that the sorcerer can make good his escape, ready to come back in the sequel.


In total there are 9 figures here, all of them were fun to paint up. Having read the rules for A Fistful of Kung Fu after buying the models, I sadly decided that it wasn't for me. Instead my gaming friends and I have been using some rules we knocked together for modern-ish skirmish games, so now I will need to figure out something for these guys.

And that brings me to the end of the Green Zone.



Scoring
9x28mm minis = 45 Points
High Adventure = 20 Points
Total = 65 Points.

My side duels:
Squirrels +1 = 20
Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Dwarves, Fire Giants, WW2 Polish, Daemons, Viridians, Vasa, Junkers, Turnips, Necrons, Tau, Genestealers, WW2 Japanese, Teutonics, Lizardmen, Gnolls, Arabs, Space Marines, Kung Fu Chinese

Skullz = 200

Turnips = 85 Points

Fantastic, one of my favourite movies, and I now know where the limo was going to

10 comments:

  1. Lovely figures, Stuart! Congrats on completing all the studios in the Green Zone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTILC remains one of may fav films and I've only just watched it again. Good to see some quality pulpy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff Stuart, nothing like a bit of pulp in little china

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack Burton and the Porkchop express. Great models. One of the fan favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these very much, Stuart, especially the sorcerer and the vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on some cool minis, Stuart!

    ReplyDelete