Sunday 5 February 2023

From StuartL - Battletech Mechs - Gift Store - 50 Points

For my fourth and final post today, I am going to drop by the Gift Store.

In my local group, I am one of the only current members who plays Battletech, the other only shows up once in a blue moon, so we are never really able to play. However, a good friend of mine who is really into the game is moving to the area in Spring this year. So, I have been looking for other people who might be interested in getting into the system, so that we have some variety in our match-ups. Another friend of mine has tried a game and kind of liked it, but he is one of those hobbyists who almost never buys into a new game and when he does takes an absolute eternity to get anything painted. So, to help get him up and running faster, I decided to buy and paint a small starter force for him.

Wolverine, Archer and Locust

My friend likes to play the goodies in most games, but those are hard to find in the Battletech universe where the definition of 'good guys' is 'doesn't indiscriminately nuke civilian targets for giggles.' My friend also really likes wolves, for whatever reason. Taking those two nuggets of information, I eventually settled on painting a bunch of models from the mercenary unit Wolf's Dragoons.

Blackjack, Awesome and Spider

In the lore, the Wolf's Dragoons were sent to spy on the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere by the Clans, a group of eugenics loving, honour crazed nutters who thought they should be in charge of everything. The Dragoons worked as mercs for each of the Great Houses, and eventually decided that while the houses were despicable tyrants they were still marginally better than the clanners. When the Clans did invade, Wolf's Dragoons sided with the Great Houses, making them kinda, sorta one of the good guys???


These minis are all 3D printed, I found a designer (Syllogy) on My Mini Factory who is releasing most of the basic mech STLs for free. The smallest of the mechs is about the height of a 28mm infantry model, with the Archer and the Awesome being a fair bit bigger.

Scoring time:
6x28mm models (I know that they are nominally 6mm vehicles, but they are much bigger than that)
=30 Points
Gift Store = 20 Points
Total = 50 Points

My side duels
Squirrels +1 = 21
Anglo-Saxons, Vikings, Dwarves, Fire Giants, WW2 Polish, Daemons, Viridians, Vasa, Junkers, Turnips, Necrons, Tau, Genestealers, WW2 Japanese, Teutonics, Lizardmen, Gnolls, Arabs, Space Marines, Kung Fu Chinese, Wolf's Dragoons

Skullz - 200

Turnips - 85 Points

And that is all from me for this week.

Love these, not a game I've ever played but these are really cool. If you've done for the week does that mean i can relax

10 comments:

  1. Love some stompy robots. Great work here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great models and post. I now tend to try and gather two forces to play games as speed and buy in is sometimes glacial with my gaming folk. I enjoy both painting and playing so works all around. Hope you get the excitement going.

    ReplyDelete