Sunday 5 February 2023

from Paul O'G: Crab Bisque (50 points)

Yes - more Turnip madness! Introducing Lenny Krabbitz and Miss Shelly Snippins, a pair of Scuttling crab monsters for the "Feast of Charybdis" cult in Turnip28


Scuttlers are a unique burrowers that can manoeuvre in the subterranean filth and emerge unexpectedly to grab your turnips from behind. Bit of a nasty shock that. The howdah riders assist by helpfully pushing would be victims toward the claws and mandibles to ensure their Scuttler gets a good meal. Its a win-win for (nearly) everybody.
Lenny proudly cultivates his eyebrow tufts

I 3d printed these and in my typical fashion then obsessed with intricate details for an excessively long time. More importantly though, they were FUN to make!

Poor Lenny sports metal patches on his carapace where he came off 2nd in previous battles

Points: I propose each crab be counted as a vehicle due to their size plus the 2 crew makes for a total of 50 turnipy points, taking me to the 3/4 mark of my AHPC objective. With projected work travel, that keeps me on track...just!

Crustacean conga line!

Wow, these are spectacular, although I have even less idea now wat turnip 28 is about

26 comments:

  1. Those are breathtakingly, awesomely gross. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTAF? Wonderful paint job matey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Dave - Crustaceans are the new dromedaries you know...

      Delete
  3. OK, I think I'm beginning to see why this Turnip stuff has apeal for some people - it allows you to create completely bonkers stuff like these crabs! Lovely stuff, Paul! :)

    ps - I'm still not going to be infected! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Embrace your inner Turnip!!! Thanks Tamsin

      Delete
  4. Wow! Those look amazing, Paul. I especially like the one that has had the armour plate repairs. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you indeed - scars, perhaps, from a great bombard??? :-)

      Delete
  5. Weird, wonderful and turnippy. Pretty sure I've seen these scuttling around the tank of certain restuarants

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is both really clever and absolutely mad at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. I have now officially seen EVERYTHING. Brilliant stuff mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ugliest war machine I seen in a long time! Great stuff mate

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, they're so cute! Right up until they snip your head off. These look absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stuart, I knew you would appreciate their Turnipy goodness!

      Delete
  10. I had to look twice before realising that it was a mounted crab. Brilliant stuff, this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lenny Krabbitz! Hah! These are amazing. They are actually making me feel a mite peckish.....

    ReplyDelete