Sunday 5 February 2023

From PhilH: Typecast at the Casting Couch (27 Points)

With a breakthrough role in a wildly and unexpectedly popular new sci-fi movie, it’s easy to bask in the fame and fan adoration that comes with success. But while George has grand plans for a trilogy, it’s best to line up some other roles to keep one’s star power on the up.  

Hollywood Director, shouting: "I don't want Luke bloody Skywalker in my film! NEXT!




Yup, end up in the wrong role in the right kind of movie, get typecast and your career is messed up from the start. And to make things worse, your co-lead picks up plum roles as Indiana Jones and Blade Runner’s Deckard? Things can be tough in Hollywood. 

Of course all’s well that ends well in this story, with Mark Hamill going on to a highly successful voice acting career, mostly famously as the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series.

Here’s Luke Skywalker from the Star Wars: Legion core set, in his Cloud City gear and defensive lightsaber pose. I wasn’t much of a fan of this model originally, but it grew on me as I worked on him.

As usual I added subtle OSL from his saber and as he’s our titular hero, I even did his eyes (quite pleased with how they came out tbh)

Not much more to say, but have some more photos to complete the 360. I’ve a Han Solo to paint that may feature (though it’s a 3D print as the official Legion Han Solo model suuuuucks).


7 points for my tally for Luke, plus 20 for the Typecasting Couch location. That’s it for me this week.

Next!

Aren't glad you aren't famous, you're not are you? Another great figure

28 comments:

  1. Great figure. Excellent take on Hamil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, Phil, nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was chuffed with my location choice here

      Delete
  3. Wonderful brushwork on Skywalker, Phil. I liked your retrospective on Hamill's career as part of the Casting Couch challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr C, it’s all in the name of a crumb of praise from the Snowlord :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice job on Bespin Luke. This is one of the best costumes for this character, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got enough Lukes to do all of the costumes 😬

      Delete
  5. Let's not forget Marks excellent work in the Wing Commander series! ;-) Great painting here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, he’s a prolific voice actor and always excellent.

      Delete
  6. It could have been worse. What about the poor sucker who got cast to be Jar Jar? Nice brushwork...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, while Darth Maul gets resurrected to be in EVERYHTING

      Delete
  7. Great brushwork on him

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you've done this figure proud. Mark Hamill seems like a contented nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think he came out very well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work, Phil! Well done mini and accurate synopsis on Mark Hamill....although the interaction between Hamill and David spade on spades sitcom was hilarious! 😉

    ReplyDelete