Tuesday 21 February 2023

From SanderS: Dark Angel Bladeguards (15 points)

 Hoi,

In Highschool I learned of WH40K and got inspired to play Dark Angels by their background and the cool imagery. Mainly the artwork of Asmodai shown below. 

Anywayas far as I am concerned they will remain my go to 40k army and I have now also started to collect and paint the 30K equivalent. Now I have never been much of a Primaris marine fan, mainly because to me the Primaris marines exemplify everything that was wrong with GW at that time. Upon the release of the Indomitus set the Blade Guard were introduced and they are a big hitting unit in the new game as well as extremly "Death Wing"in appearance and style. While I have been able to keep most of my Primaris figures limited to the Red Scorpion Chapter I am also building on the side, I always knew I needed a Blade Guard unit for my Dark Angels.




Now countng points for this trio is easy: 15 points, counting Skullz however is a different story. The hooded guy has 11 skullz (including the one on the base), the middle guy has 10 (also including the skull on the base) and the guy on the right has 9 skullz (again with the one on the base) so a grand total of 30 skullz.

 

Cheers Sander 



Nice work, as always, Sander!

Tamsin


25 comments:

  1. Nice work, Sander! I like the bone armor color and the insignia that shows they a vaunted veterans from across the dark angel formations! Those bases are pretty punchy on them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, I am so glad you caught that, because that is indeed what I wanted to portay! The bases don't really show since I have managed to overexpose the pictures yet again...

      Delete
  2. Nice work Sander. I agree with David on your basing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Peter, I always enjoy applying rust to them. It's one of the few weathering techniques I actually enjoy applying.

      Delete
  3. Great work Sander :) Certainly the Primaris Marines can be an "acquired taste", but I too loved the Bladeguard figures, as they really leaned into the whole "killer Space Knight" look - a look that is particularly fitting for the Dark Angels!

    Can't wait to see you dive into 30k - if you like bonkers OTT Dark Angels look, the 30k setting will have some real beauties for you to dive into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, I have already painted up a Praetor and have loads of stuff basecoated and ready to go.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Sander. That bone armour is absolutely smashing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, I used the Army Painter speed paint palid bone or something as a wash, it's great!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fantasy aficionado but yiu've made an excellent painting work on those W40K models... or 30K, I'm confused

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. understandably so, it's an aquired taste for sure ;-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, nowhere near as prolific as your output, but we're getting there.

      Delete
  7. Where there are Dark Angels, there are skullz! Great work on these loyalists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right you are, bucketloads of skullz, not so much on the 30k stuff though!

      Delete
  8. Look at all the skullz, just for the lulz :-) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work. Excellent write up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, Sander! I like the effect on the sword.

    ReplyDelete