Tuesday 21 February 2023

From BenitoV: Riding Lady Sarah's Limo to the Books Studios (67 points)

This week, I took a short break from my Dark Ages Saga projects and started exploring some of the Blue Pass Studios sites. You may remember I stopped last at the green pass Casting Couch Studio (which I'd likely revisit before the end of the Challenge) so I needed transport to move to the Blue Pass area.


To hire Sarah's Limo services, my first entry today is another of the long forgotten (and very deeply hidden of the 1980s layers of my lead mountain) model of the Lord of the Rings Mithril range, in this case Galadriel the Elf Queen .... still wrapped in the original blister after all these years (!!).

The scene represents Galadriel operating her famous mirror, which, at least according to the film, informs basically of nothing to the viewer: it could be the past, or the present or the future but also an event that will never take place... or may be yes... who knows... I never really understood what was useful for, frankly speaking.

 





I firstly painted Galadriel's dress all white; but was not happy with the final result (too dull) For that reason, in a second attempt I added some contrasting electric light blue color to what looks like one of those pashminas that my wife likes to wear when the weather is not oo cool in the evenings.

 

OK ... now I'm inside the lino... and where are we driving to? ... To the Books Studio, where we will be filming an epic version of one of the world's most famous sagas: The Lod of the Rings trilogy.

For this purpose, I have rescued from the lead pile, and painted these four world-reknown hobbits (also preserved in the Mithril's original blisters)


 

 


Frodo and Sam can be easily identified (Frodo using a sword and Sam looking like a pack mule) but the other two (Merry and Pippin) .... well I'll let to everyone to decide who's who.

 

All the models in today's submission are Mithril's metal in 28m and I have estimated to be woth 67 points, detailed as follows:

  • 1 x 28mm Galadriel = 5 points
  • Galadriel's mirror, pitcher and column = 2 points
  • Lady Sarah's Limo bonus = 20 points
  • 4 x 28mm hobbits @5 points = 20 points
  • Bonus Books Studios = 20 points

 Also, with a 25 points total scoring (excluding the bonus points) around the common theme of The  Lord of The Rings this submission will also hopefuly accrue 1 point towards the Squirrel Challenge (minions to decide).


Next week I'm planning to walk my way to the Westerns Studio... stay tunned for another Tuesday episode.



Excellent work on these 1980s miniatures, Benito! 

Tamsin

30 comments:

  1. Really nice brushwork Benito. Love those old Mithras figures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, Benito! They all look very nice. That blue certworks well for the elf queen, and I like the colors on the Hobbits reinforcing they are really civilians and not soldiers like the rest of the fellowship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, hobbits are made to sing, dance, eat above all... and to destroy evil rigns, not to fight

      Delete
  3. So wonderfully whimsical, Benito. I love the vibrant colours and clean brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt, but nothing close to your Turnip units

      Delete
  4. I really like the design of those old figures and great job painting them up so nicely Benito

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Fairest among the Fairest, as Napoleon would have said

      Delete
  6. Great work Benito I especially love te hobbits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy with the final results despite some lack of sulpting detail, specially the faces

      Delete
  7. Incredibly good brushwork Benito, the colours are very full indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the throw back to the 80s Benito. Great brush work and fun submission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nostalgia, it's just nostalgia... when we were young .. and role players

      Delete
  9. Great painting, Benito! Galadriel is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! Where all those 80s supermodels did go...

      Delete