Tuesday 21 February 2023

From MartinC: Another Bout of Randomness (235pts)

 I've spent the week painting random figures. I was supposed to be painting 10mm Janissaries, but I wasn't feeling the love. Luckily, as most of you know, I buy figures cos I think they look cool and would be fun to paint. So I had some lying around that needed work.

Let's get the admin out of the way first. This is where I am on the studio tour


So if I take a limo ride to Superheroes I can complete the required journey to go and see the Snowlord in his directors chair.
So to start with we have a 75mm female duelist from Mr Lees. I've loved this figure since the 1st time I saw it on the website and had to buy it when Kyle moved on to other things. She is a stunner but the hard truth is that she is beyond my painting ability to do her the justice I wanted to. She needs a better face and much more embroidery. Still I did enjoy painting her.




As I have now arrived at Superheroes, this is one of my favourites. Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy. This is a Hasslefree minitature (my favourite place for metal figures.) He was a joy.




Moving on the rest of the randomness and in no particular order

A Dr Robotnic type from Crooked Dice

Cool figure, no clue what to use it for. Will score him as a simple infantry man

Next another limo trip to the gift shop

These 2 cyberneticaly enhanced types are from Northstar and will add to the Sci Fi madness

really like the female figure in blue
Some of you may have heard of my legendary game of Necromunda, the one where I only rolled 1s for 4 hours. Well James is currently assembling numerous gangs to go with his excellent terrain. He has a motto of everything is Necromunda. With that in mind I thought I'd gift him this figure

It's a frostgrave engineer, but will work well as a tinkerer in any age

the cogs etc are bits of old watches

Next up some fantasy types, told you today was random

These 6 fawns are Footsore Resin minis, bought in a mystery box

Quite nice figs, the grass is very log as I forgot to paint the bases before I flocked them, so I had to use big tufts as well

A bit of normality now

Saxon archers and a huscarl, from the same footsore mystery box


And now I claim the prize for the weirdest figure in the challenge. Damn, turnip wars makes this look normal

I present to you a zombie camel. WTF!!

Yip, this is from a Northstar mystery box, why else would you have one, this counts as unmounted cavalry

Almost finished

These buildings are the Rorkes Drift buildings

I added coya matting for the thatch



They are to be used as colonial buildings in Vietnam, obviously. They are massive and between them add up to 2.75 terrain cubes

Finally a glimpse of future work

This dwarf is the start of me completing my Dwarf army from 1988

Not loads to do but many that need touching up and rebasing - should have done this as the Under construction project but wasn't planning to paint them in the challenge, but they are calling to me

Right, the complicated scores on the doors

28mm foot = 17 equivalent = 85pts
75mm foot = 1 = 15pts
Buildings = 2.75 cubes = 55pts
2 limo rides = 40
Superhero = 20
Gift shop = 20

total = 235





Boom-boom-boom-boom-boom! A veritable points-cluster munition bomb, Martin! 

Tamsin




36 comments:

  1. Very nice work especially the building

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did wonder what the lump was on the camel, then read it a a zombie. lol! Great work Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re such a butterfly of random stuff. Some nice oddities . The building will be good for Nam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you love it. I enjoy having more than 4 colours in my pallette

      Delete
  4. Zombie camel... this is new to me... great painting in any case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. new to everyone, I nearly filled in the gaps and had it as a normal camel

      Delete
  5. Random indeed. Why not just do Turnip and get it all out in one?

    Great stuff, looking forward to the building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a diabetic I'm not allowed to have anything to do with vegetables that grow underground, esp Turnips

      Delete
  6. Nice work, Martin! I really like the duelist! The rest are fantastic as well, but I think that zombie camel needs a fez cap to be completed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job! Is that dwarf from Hasslefree, too? I think I have painted one myself?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good Martin, thanks for the gift, he looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Dave in really liking the female duelist. Wonderful work all around (undead camel?). That proto-dwarf looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super work Martin, loving the buildings and the duelist mate

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great varied stuff Martin, never seen a zombie camel before

    ReplyDelete
  12. A full on cornucopia of spendifourous brushwork Martin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the sci-fi and especially the zombie camel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great mix of stuff Martin, Arthur and my favourite is Rocket for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Lady Duellist is terrific …well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Whipe the sweat from your brow and take a bow Martin. Great stuff and the randomness really made me smile as I swiped down the submission. Great work, I love rocket, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great randomness Martin, I too like the duellist (duelless? Duelette? Duelliste?) very much!

    ReplyDelete