Tuesday 21 February 2023

From MattW: Caesarian Roman additions (220 points)

Roman additions

Then the real start of my Republican Romans, coming up over the next few weeks I intend to commence the sixth then the 7th legion who both fought locally to me fighting the Aulerci tribes in the west. We have two identified battlefield locations within 30 Klm and 6 including two sieges within 200 klm.

The romans needed to breakdown the stone and timber gaulois oppidums of the west, with that in mind I have built some siege engines to achieve that! Miniatures and pieces are from Warlord Games.

Ballista, built two of these so far






Onager



and finally two scorpions one pair for each legion





7 x 28mm Artillery pieces @ 10 points = 70 points

17 x 28mm Roman artillerists @ 5 points = 85 points

Caesarian casualties, completed for now, although missing one who will join the hospital diorama to come. 





13 x 28mm roman casualties @ 5 points = 65 points 

Total Points Romans =  220 points

cheers

Matt



Is there no end to your Romans, Matt? Those artillery pieces will certainly give your legions an extra bit of punch against the Gallic and Germanic tribes they encounter.

Tamsin




37 comments:

  1. Great machines Matt, looking forward to seeing more republicans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am trying to resist starting them as I have Napoleonic’s and the rest of the Germans in front of them.

      Delete
  2. You realy delivered the Siege here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to build a copy of our local Oppidum 5 Klm away. The 9 meter walls still stand on one edge.

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  3. Zulus... I mean, Romans, thousands of them! Great siege machines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Matt! Those arty units are well done and I like the custom counters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Matt. Those siege machines are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh artillery , at least it’s not chucking spears 😂😂😂. Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, spear chucking is still in fashion on my painting desk

      Delete
  7. Yowza, great looking stone and dart throwers. The first set are beasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, they are impressive I have one to complete but it is getting additional works

      Delete
  8. Oof, those scorpions are brutal things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Matt - I have just the one Scorpion with my Caesarian Legions, but I definitely aspire to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, in the rules I use you have one per legion, I think there was one per cohort by this period

      Delete
  10. Wonderful engines of War Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice, looking forwards to seeing them all at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to the end also, two more cohorts next week, painting and doing the transfers for the shields today for them

      Delete
  12. The Romans are looking awesome Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice work. Great project and nearby battlefield comments are wonderful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, they are one of our battlefield walks that we have. “Walk the battlefield in the morning, Wargame in the evening” tour and Wargame holiday packages we have

      Delete
  14. love these, much carnage will ensue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent work, Matt! Although I suspect you have more dead Romans now than live once, they look absolutely great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ones, of course.Billy Gates got me again.

      Delete
    2. Yes currently for my Caesarian’s 25 casualty’s - 17 artillery crew….

      Delete
  16. Splendid looking Roman artillery, they look great as do the casualties!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete