Friday 12 January 2024

KentG, 28mm Aztecs sacrifice, Napoleonic light lancers, Napoleon and staff (190pts)

 
Well here we are again, another week has sped by, I had great ideas 
of what I would have completed this week but choosing a bunch of 
highly detailed figures put and end to that. I had another entry 
I was about to take the photos of when my wife popped in and 
said you can't submit that it needs to be on a proper base to set 
the scene so it is now sitting on the desk uncompleted.
Of course she was right.


First up we have a 3D printed Aztec sacrifice set from Wargame Atlantic
This was a really fun paint, the minis are so detailed, these will be added to 
my slowly growing collection of Aztecs






This is my favorite shot, I sent this photo to a friend without thinking
that he had just informed me that the valves in his heart were shot, 
He found my picture a bit to much I'm afraid


I used blood of the blood God by Citadel paints which comes out so good



Next up This French Napoleon set by Perry Miniatures
I had way to much fun painting these Chaps, they are great sculpts 
with tones of detail hiding on them.



Millsy told me I had to get a shot of the map because at one stage
 I thought I had really messed it up while we were on our painting chat


Finally we have 12 Napoleonic French lancers by Perry Miniatures 
they are some of their meatal range once again  I found that I was 
enjoying painting these guys so much that I found it hard to stop adding details


One thing I wasn't looking forward to was making the pennants
 for the lances, then I saw that Piano Wargames have free files for Flags 
and one of those had pennants on them so I printed them 
out repainted them to the correct colors and hey presto we have pennants



This is the first time I have painted this unit, not sure why I've 
not venture into painting lancers before they are so nice to paint.
I have placed 12 more of them into the painting queue, they will be 
Front Rank not Perry  and I have also put 12 Guard lancers on the table, 
so lots of pointy sticks to come.


I don't normally paint all the horses the same but sometimes 
with these Nappy Regiments it just looks right.


And with that we come to points for this week

    First up 6 x 28mm Aztecs @ 5points each =30pts
    crazy skull thingy (should have entered the skull challenge) 28 skulls = 5 pts  no idea ?
    28mm Napoleonic staff set 6 figures and table 5points each =30 pts table 2pts ?
    12 x 28mm French Cavalry 10points each =120 pts

    Total  187 pts maybe

From Millsy: Another cracking collection of Napoleonics from you Kent. The Ogre of Europe and his lackeys are particularly good and a fitting centrepiece for any collection. I presume that's the map you were painting during the chat? It has certainly come up a treat!

Aztecs are not something you see a lot of, possibly because it makes for rather one-sided gaming if Europeans are the adversary? Sets like this are a good opportunity to dip you toes in though and you've really brought out the horror with your brushwork. The skull rack is a nice touch and one I am sure Barks will appreciate.

The skull rack and hand painting on the map deserve a few extra points so I've rounded you up to 190 mate. Nice work!

36 comments:

  1. that is some top notch painting all round! My favourite must be the Napoleonics, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander, glad you like them, I'm with you on the Naps but there are some interesting periods that I'll dabble with over the comp.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops spelling trouble too much Pinot - the map looks great Ken and I really like the lancers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate I hope you don't have a paintbrush in your hand with pinot in the other, who knows what you'll be posting next.

      Delete
  4. The map looks good, like others have said. Well done. And very neat painting all the way in general. Looking forward the next week and wife-approved-minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu, yes the wife approved entry is done and even though it took me an extra two hours to paint the base, I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  5. Very horrific sacrifice submission Kent. Excellent. Love the Nappys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is slightly brutal, more blood different period of dealing out death but it's on its way.

      Delete
  6. Brilliant stuff and great to see some painted Aztecs posted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the last of the figures I have, will be putting them up for sale after the challenge has finished with the rest of them, lots of fun painting them that's for sure.

      Delete
  7. Got to love lancers - great looking unit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, why have I never done them before they look so good, they are probably at this point my favorite regiment of the army

      Delete
  8. Great work Kent and really nice basing on the two vignettes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheer Simon, I haven't done any vignettes for a long time so I'm

      Delete
  9. Great work Kent. Love those lancers with all the details and pennants. I could find my way on that map, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, at one stage I was like this map looks really bad then I thought , it's not going to get the better of me.

      Delete
  10. Love the napoleonic map. Is that an abacus made of skulls on the first entry? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Peter, I believe it is, nothing like a bit of slide the skull counting

      Delete
  11. Great painting on all of your entries. The dioramas especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tom, I have another couple of dioramas for this coming week as well

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. they are fun to paint but I find them hard to photgraph

      Delete
  13. Great painting on these, everything is lovely, but if I had to choose it would be the lancers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, yes the lancers are mine as well that's why there are two more regiments on the table

      Delete
  14. I love it all, the Aztecs are great, the Lancers are looking really good, and the Emperor and his Staff are marvellous. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so glad you like them all

      Delete
  15. Superb entry Kent! Love em all, though I do have a soft spot for those gorgeous Napoleonics. Really, who can deny a good lancer (or 12). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Curt plenty of lancers on the table at the momet just need to focus on actually finishing at least one unit

      Delete
  16. Brilliant vignettes! Can I interest you in a Challenge of Skullz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, these will be the only skulls in the challenge from me so thought it not worth entering

      Delete
  17. A great selection of stuff, I missed the change in subject on my first scan through and wondered why Napoleon didn't have a sacrifice on his table 😆

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well if you look very close I'm sure there was some army that was being selected for sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool entry.

    I really like the Aztec scene. That will make for a great centerpiece for your Aztec forces.

    Nice detailing on the Napolenic figures.

    ReplyDelete