Friday 12 January 2024

GeoffT - From the Library Entrance into the centre room (Fantasy, Romance, Statue of Famous Person, 122 points)

Hello Challengers,

Last week I left off completing all but one of the shelves in the library entrance room.  I finish that shelf this week, the Fantasy shelf.  These three 28mm skeleton warriors by Grenadier have been based and painted to go with a cobblestone mat I use for Frostgrave and similar games. 



From the entrance chamber, I enter the central chamber and gravitate immediately to the Romance shelf.

The classic romance is the three musketeers, here are the said three with D'Artagnan and four of the Cardinals guards to duel with.  Watch out Milady !  

All they need is a suitable published ruleset, looking and you Sidney Roundwood.




Finally we have a Statue, indeed a living statue which is a Famous trope from DnD.  This model was produced with DnD in mind, from Grenadier miniatures in the '80s.

I tried a bit of a go at a Bronze patina, looks a bit fresh really, probably should be fully green like a statue of liberty.  Mini is quite big, about 40 mm tall.



The library as it stands.


Points:

11 x 28mm infantry = 55 points

1 x 40mm infantry = 7 points

3 x library shelves (Fantasy, Romance and Statue of famous person) = 60 points and 3 skullz.

Total = 122 points.

From Millsy: I love everything to do with the Three Musketeers but unfortunately have never managed to game the setting. Your wonderful swordsmen and making me think long and hard about adding to the lead pile mate which is always dangerous! Presumably there is a Cardinal Richelieu waiting in the wings somewhere along with other dramatis personae? And maybe Sid will get his publisher's hat on if enough people ask?

Your skellies and the statue are all lovely work too. The basing is brilliant and really contrasts well with the red and blue of the shields. Nice work here too.

122 very well earned points it is for you Geoff!

16 comments:

  1. Good stuff again, Geoff! The skeletons are great.
    I read Three Musketeers last summer (after reading it as a school boy) and it was a refreshing read. And Warbases has some nice minis on the subject on their Mousquetaiers range. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Geoff. All are great. I too have dug out grenadier skeletons of old for frost grave appearances. Musketeers also languish in my pile of opportunity. Maybe this challenge. Yours are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting - I really like the fantasy skeletons with the cobblestone basing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those skeletons, wargaming and adventure classics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely work here. Always baffled me as I grew up that the three musketeers barely fired a musket between them in most tv and film adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the bronze patina looks perfect. Nice work on the musketeers too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice varied entry Geoff, I really like your musketeers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Tom, the bronze patina looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, love those skellies! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stuff, and great basing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Classic stuff, love the Musketeers the most 👍

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great selection of well painted figures, I wonder what's next

    ReplyDelete