Thursday 14 March 2024

From AlanD - Palmyran Hump Day (20 points)

 I have never painted a camel before this week. They were quite fun, and easier than horses, I think.


These two join my Palmyran army, acting as scouts.They look pretty Romanised, but I guess that wouldn't have been too unusual in third-century Palmyra. 



Apologies for the quality of the photos! And good luck to everyone as we enter the last few days of the challenge. I'm hoping to beat 1000 points, but it is going to be tight.

From Millsy: I'm sure your camels have made DaveD's say just that little bit brighter Alan. I know from experience he gets the hump when nobody paints camels. You've nailed the coat colours and done some lovely work on the basing too mate. Nice work!

10 comments:

  1. For never painting a camel before I think you've done a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Ihave missed hump day and your camels! Well done Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No challenge is complete without some camels, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work Alan! As usual, I love your hand painted shields. I was hoping we'd see more of these wonderful beasts this Challenge. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We’ve been camel short this year. These are great, love the sheilds,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camels are a Challenge staple! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice work on both the shields and basing.

    ReplyDelete