Thursday 14 March 2024

From Barks: More Descent monsters (35 points)

Some more figures for Descent which I pained with AP Speedpaints 2.0 over a white undercoat. First, three Carrion Drakes. These are plague-spreading scavengers of dead flesh. I liked the wing colour (Desolate Brown) which is a nice brown with a hint of green. The green (Charming Chartreuse) and the purple (Dusk Red) are fine, but they go together like an 80s cartoon toy-  which isn't the look I want here. Anyway, they're done and the pustules help pull them together.

Carrion Drakes

I used Forest Sprite for the Goblin Witchers' skin, and I'm really happy with it. The last thing I painted was the feathers, and it really made these figures pop.

Goblin Witchers

I may try and squeeze in a sneaky post before the Challenge concludes, but this should pull me over the line!

7x 28mm figures (35 points)

[edit +16 skullz]

From Millsy: These are really cool Barks! The lime green and rich red on the drakes is an unexpected but really effective combination. Having painted a pile of Death Gaurd I know how much effort can be involved in making something so wrong look right. Love the witchers too, I can see a ton of other uses for them in pulp, darkest (weird) Africa, etc. Cracking work mate!

22 comments:

  1. Very icky work here Barks! As you say, the pustules pull it together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant barks they are real cool minis painted to your normal standard, just brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, those carrion drakes are pretty disgusting, so are absolutely spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I actually think the colours work very well, good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original art shows a bright red, which was too strong.

      Delete
  6. "The pustules pull it together nicely" - things I read in the Painting Challenge :)

    Great work Barks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, it's all about the pustules, baby. Great job on these nasties Barks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and disgusting. The goblins look like they’ve got a song and dance routine under way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. They look so much better with paint on! The bases are too small for the figure.

      Delete
  10. Very nice work, I agree with Emjenic. The colors at least in the phot work very well together. I have yet to try the AP speedpaints but seeing these, I may have to give them a shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great where there is a lot of texture on the sculpt.

      Delete