Thursday 14 March 2024

From RichardM - Latest offerings in 6mm Italian Napoleonics - 174 points

More 6mm Italian Napoleonics from Adler Miniatures this week.  

But before I get into the miniatures, a quick word of thanks to Millsy for checking and posting our work, and correcting my mistakes.

Firstly a family photo of the week’s production - Guard foot and cavalry and Light Infantry.


First up are 6 battalions of Light Infantry.  I did the 1st and 2nd Regiments, each of three battalions.  I selected these two regiments simply because I liked the colours of the facings - mid blue and yellow. 

While I probably would have put flags (colours) on them anyway, I checked with Rawkins and it seems all were issued with colours.  I think I should have had a white cross on the patch on top of the bearskins - but …. :)





Then we have the four battalions of Guard Infantry.  Nobody can tell the story better than Rawkins so I quote from his Army of Italy "The Reggimento di Fanteria di Linea was the senior foot regiment of the Royal Guard and consisted of two battalions, the Battaglione di Granatiere and the Battaglione di Cacciatore"  These are two battalions in green coats below.


Then we have the two battalions of  the Veliti Della Guardia Reale (Velites of the Royal Guard).  These are in white coats.   As I have gone back to Rawkins to get the correct names for these four Guard battalions, I have noticed he says they have 5 companies.  Perhaps one day I will add the missing companies. 


And finally, there is the Reggimento Dragoni Di Linea Della Guardia Reale (the Dragoon Regiment of the Royal Guard)


I am almost finished a regiment of Italian Line infantry which will come through in my next post 

For the Italians I still have two battalions of Guard Conscripts, one squadron of the Corpo Delle Guardie D’Onore Reale, artillery and brigade / division officers.  But as I am going away in a few days I won't have time to prep, undercoast and paint them.  So I am off to do a quick trawl through the drawers for any prepped miniatures that I can get done once the Line Regiment is finished.

Points:

Light Infantry - 6 battalions of 36 figures at 0.5 points per figures = 108 points
Guard Infantry - 4 battalions of 24 figures at 0.5 points per figure = 48 points
Guard Dragoons - 18 mounted figures - 18 points
Total = 174 points

From Millsy: This is a great way to finish off your Challenge for this year Richard. Your 6mm stuff has been great fun to minion and I thank you for the comments. You don't see many Italians painted for Napoleonics for some reason which is a real pity as they look amazing when painted as well as yours. The red/white/green is really eye catching and pops on the table. 174 points added to your tally mate!




9 comments:

  1. Richard I am in awe regarding your skills in turning these 6mm figures out so incredibly well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive family photo. Nice painting on these tiny guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do a lot of 6mm painting and I really appreciate the effort you put into these! Nice to see the Italians getting some love, they look absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These look wonderful Richard. I have a hankering to go back to my Napoleonic collection and your work here really helps to chivy me along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed this project. Excellent work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely little figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb - picking regiments on the basis of their colour attraction is always the way to go. Italian Napoleonic are always good to see especially when as well executed as these

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! I agree with Valleyboy, paint the unit colors you want and then sub them in to historical OOB's. They will always look great on the table and they are after all, toy soldiers.

    ReplyDelete