Thursday 14 March 2024

From StephenS: Imperial Death Troopers [Sci-Fi] (50 points)

G'day,

I normally struggle to get one post done a week, so three in a day is a novelty for me. My butterfly approach to painting is paying late dividends.



For the sci-fi location, I offer up a unit of Imperial Death Troopers from Star Wars: Legion by Atomic Mass Games. Not much to say about these guys, except they really like the colour black.

They were painted with a single coat of GW's Black Templar contrast, but they looked too grey,  so I went over it with a wash of 50:50 contrast and medium, which gave a much smoother coverage but less definition. I then gave a quick dry brush of dark grey and some metal and green, just to add some interest.



6 x 32mm plastic figures and a location bonus is 50 points.

Let's see if I can find the last handful of points to hit my target in the next few days.

Cheers,

Stephen 


From Millsy: Got 'em any blacker? These look great Stephen, even if their all black onsies are a bit hard to read on screen. I had similar issues with the overwhelming blackness painting Vader. I've got these dudes on my shopping list and I hope they turn out as well as yours. Nice work!

7 comments:

  1. looking really good black is not easy o paint but these fellas look great if not a little menacing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on a difficult subject, you did very well in creating the different textures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Death Troopers... From, like, the other side of a Rebel battalion. Well done Stephen, black can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on the shades of black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black is very hard to paint- you've done well on these great figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed, the black is perfect!

    ReplyDelete