Thursday 14 March 2024

From StephenS: Ms Marvel [Lady Sarah's Cart] (42 points)

G'day All,

To traverse the vast ocean of knowledge that is the Challenge Library, I am hitching a ride on Lady Sarah's Library Cart. My offering is a multi-volume edition of Ms Marvel from the Marvel comics and a TV show. Possibly a movie too?


I am not familiar with the character at all, my love for the Marvel cinematic universe fizzling out when her show was released, and while Loki and She-Hulk drew me back in, I haven't found time to watch the Ms Marvel series. Ms Marvel didn't appear in any comics I read as a teenager either. Apparently, her power is to go from normal sized to very big and stretchy, because that is what her models depict.



Two 40 mm plastic figures from Atomic Mass Games for their Marvel: Crisis Protocol tabletop game. I have scored one at 7 points and one at 15 points, as I seem to remember larger figures get scored as mounted cavalry, but I am older, and my memory might be failing me on this... point! The location bonus included, for a possible 42 points.


Cheers,

Stephen


From Millsy: I'm afraid I don't know any more about Ms Marvel than you do Stephen! That doesn't matter when it comes to the quality of your brushwork though. There's some really neat, crisp edge highlighting here that suits the subject matter perfectly and I love the depth you've achieved on the hair too. Maybe someone more familiar with the subject matter than we are will appreciate other aspects. Points-wise that sounds like a good way to go. Thanks for saving me having to think too hard about it!


8 comments:

  1. You nailed the colourscheme, great orange! The base is really cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work here. Those colours pop. I would recommend trying the series, it is fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect superhero colors. Vibrant and bright. Where do they get the clothes that survive those size changes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great brushwork Stephen. I'm not a big fan of supes (except for The Punisher who's arguably not one), but I do like your rock-em-sock-em version of Ms Marvel here. When I look at her I can't help but say 'K'BLAM!!". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work- hope she's good on the tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete