Thursday 19 March 2020

From GrahameH: It has been confirmed I am a butterfly (917 points)


Butterflying

With recent events I have not had chance to post much and there is now little chance of finishing the island challenge. However, I have managed to get some painting done. As my working hours are getting longer everyday I thought I’d better put up my last entry.

My intention was to paint a Native American army, as I am currently reading "Bury my heart at wounded knee". A really good read if anyone is interested. However, as normal my interest kept straying but I did manage to get it finished, but it is only a small army.

All figures are 15mm

A 15mm Essex Sumerian pike block. 32 figures = 64pts

15mm Essex Sumerian javelinmen 9 figs = 18pts
The next item was painted so I could call upon the balloon for the island challenge but work stopped me from posting it.

Margaret of Anjou and Henry VI - 8 pts no idea where they came from

Next up some Indians from India. Just purchased a renaissance Indian army so had to paint some of them. All Essex 15mm

15mm Essex Indian archers 18 = 36pts


Some rabble 24 Essex spearman 48 pts

More of the same 15mm Essex 24 figures = 48pts


Still no sign of native Americans.

15mm Later Frank Guard. 9 figures men are old glory horses Essex. 9 figures 36 pts

Told you I was a butter fly. By this time I was getting Napoleonic withdrawals so I painted some.


15mm AB Dutch Regiment 38 figs = 76 pts


Then at last I thought I’d better do some Native Americans. All 15mm Peter Pig figures

The command 3 chiefs, mounted, dismounted and horse holders 10 mounted. 19 foot = 78pts
Warband  No 1 8 mounted & 16 others = 64pts 


War and No 2 same as above 64pts

Warband No 3 same as above 64pts


Warband No 4 as above 64pts



Warband No 5 as above 64pts



Warband No 6 as above but with one mounted stand missing as I painted this up as test before the start of the challenge 56pts

20 foot warriors 40pts

Didn’t know how to cost these so just gave each teepee 5pts hope that is ok. So that is
35pts. These are Peter pig as well







Finally some 15mm US Cavalry. Again 15mm Peter Pig.

15mm Dismounted Cavalry 32 figures 64 pts

See what I meant by butterfly. Well that is it for this year. I make that 927 points, giving me 2210 points. So I met my target, but was beaten by my follow club member Mike W. Well done Mike.

Hope I will be able to enter next years challenge. I have loved everyones entries this year, really inspiring. Thanks to all those who those who run the challenge

Hope everyone keeps safe.

GrahameH.




Kaboom! That's a heck of a lot of stuff for just one post. It would have helped if you had summarised how many figures of each type you were claiming for at the end, but I seem to have caught them all. Maybe something to remember for next year?

The only error is that the tepees count as terrain - I've (generously) estimated them as a quarter of a terrain cube, so your total is 917 points for this entry.

TamsinP


6 comments:

  1. Great eclectic mix for the hobbyist to enjoy Grahame, I do like them Dutchies, but the Native Americans are more fun with all the excellently painted warbants and tipee's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that's quite a collection of lovely miniatures. Love those Sumerians.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boom! Lovely wide range of figures! Excellent work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of miscellany. Some lovely paintwork on these, especially like the pony wars stuff.

    ReplyDelete