Thursday 19 March 2020

From TeemuL: Balloon to Millpond (26 points)


"Ooooh, what a nice treasure!"
"Now let's go home!"
"...but how?"
"I can arrange you a lift with Sarah's trusty balloon, but only to Millsy's Millpond, I have some business there."
"Pond, eh. Not the beach we are looking for, but a right direction anyway, thank you my lady."






So the Challenge is somewhat completed and it is time to start the journey back home (not like Noel did it). First let's take third balloon ride to get some extra points with this fine lady, Games Workshop classic from 1987, but no idea in which pile I get her. She has a huge sword, might end up in the Greatsword company (once I have one). Some metallics and contrast and she was ready, I painted her at the same time as the dwarfs. I didn't have time to do proper research who she is, but I will at some point.

Then some bubbles (first time) to get even more extra points!


And then some terrain. I always liked to have some campaign specific terrain in my games. Here's Sarah's Hot Air Balloon Pumping Station with the landing area! But I have no game to play with these... :D This was inspired by the junk creativity from Alex. I realized immediately, that I have plenty of the same junk available, as long as my son drinks his smoothies and eats his easter eggs... The rest is balsa wood and foam between thin cards (finnfoam in Finnish) on a compact disk (it feels like Atoll again). So thank you Alex for the inspiration!




After I created the Awdry's Atoll piece and then the sign for the Mudry's Mesa I was trying to create something for each location I visited, but I run out of time. But I did manage to create these for Sarah's balloon, there should be no balloon without a proper pumping station and landing pad, right?



So, let's take a balloon ride to Millsy's Millpond before the Challenge ends.

It goes to eleven, of course
Points then.
5 for the figure
10 for the third journey
5 for the bubbles (no champagne, just British dry apple cider)
6 points for a bit less than a 1/3 of the terrain cube (the station is 5x4x3 and the pad is just a base (CD) really)


And finally a house built by my son. We built these together. I gave him some help with cutting and gluing and in general design. He painted it himself with his crappy brushes and crappy acrylics in a fraction of time I used. He is 4 and half, I'm almost 42...






Well, Teemu, it's not a Friday but you still get to have your post minioned by me! Great figure and smashing terrain pieces. I'm absolutely certain that Lady S does need to top her balloon up with hot air after all that dashing to and fro across the island (and even through time and to other continents and even into dreamworlds) for some of my trips.

TamsinP

5 comments:

  1. Great work Teemu! Love the buildings and well done to your son too! A gamer in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super looking greatsword and nice bit of scratch building by both of you!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really clever use of junk for sure, nicely done kind sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great stuff. Love the lady with the big sword and the balloon station.

    ReplyDelete