Tuesday 10 March 2020

From JohnS - W is for War Party 25 pts

Muskets & Tomahawks II is on the way! There is much excitement here at the outpost. So much so that I thought it was time to get a few more Native Americans ready for the warpath.


These are some of the large quantity of Crusader Miniatures that I picked up last year at a bargain price (yeah, I know you always tell your significant other they were a bargain price) that I am slowly painting for Sharp Practice II and now M&T2.


I have always been fascinated by the Forest Tribes and since I have an ancestor who fought in the FIW and the American Revolution I have long wanted to build some forces to game the period. And I love any figures that I can use for multiple games. I spent a happy hour or so browsing through my bookshelves to come up with authentic war paint schemes.


I am looking forward to adding these to my previously painted tribal warriors and counting some coup on whoever they choose to fight this week.

Moo helps with AHPC9 photos
On a sad note, I lost my longtime painting buddy, The Moo, last week. We had 17 years of me picking her fur out of paint and off my games table. I sure miss her.


These 25 points take me to another AHPC Personal Best. I plan on painting like a demon for the next week. I want that 500 point goal to fall!


That's a very nice war party John, and another letter off of your personal alphabet challenge.  I've done some Crusader First Nations for my 1812 project and they are very nice figures.

Congrats on hitting a PB, but I've think you've got your work cut out for you to get the remaining letters filled in.  Sad to hear of the loss of the Moo - she looks like good company.
PeterD

4 comments:

  1. Nice war party John. Sorry to hear about Moo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathy for your loss, a friend like that will be sorely missed. The figures are an awesome tribute though, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking native Americans! Sorry about Moo.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete