Tuesday 10 March 2020

From BenitoM: Ascending Naked to the Snow Lord's Peak (70 points)

The offering to the Snow Lord is finally ready. It took me some time (two weeks) to descend from the peak  as I took the wrong turn, ended first in Boston and later in Chicago, before finally hitting home again Sunday last week, to start working on what was demanded to me.


The request was to do some Barbarians to oppose my Romans Army in 'Infamy! Infamy!'. I decided to use this opportunity to start a new Ancient Germanic tribes army, diverting from my Gallic/Briton current army in progress

The initial unit for this new army is a group of skirmish naked berserkers or fanatics proto -nazis.


I must say that this unit has been a double challenge, as I really hate painting flesh and I had a good dose of it, both front and back.


The models are from Wargames Foundry Germanic Tribe range. These are exceptionally well sculpted models, very detailed (may be even too much, I won't do more comments on this) and slightly taller than the Gallic and Roman ranges.


In 'Infamy! Infamy!' these are small but very powerful shock units, ideal to dislodge a Roman drilled line before sending the core of your forces to finish the job.


I hope this unit pleased my Snow Lord. And if I'm doing my calculations right, this entry will score 70 point to my Challenge total (8 models @ 5 points + Snow Lord Peak bonus 30 points). 

We are now less than two weeks form the end of the Challenge, and I need to plot carefully my next moves to hit my 700 points target. I have an idea in mind, let's see if work and coronoavirus don't interfere in the way.

Greetings from Freezing (-12º) Chicago
____________________________________

I had to smile at your last picture Benito as -12C is pretty much bog standard winter weather here in the Canadian prairies - almost balmy in fact. All this being said, these impressively hirsute German fellows would be struggling with -12C weather, with some of their parts suffering more than others I'd imagine. Brrr!

You've done a wonderful job on these barbarians. Copplestone sculpts are such a pleasure to paint and you've really done them proud. I'm also delighted to hear that this SLP challenge marks the beginning of another faction for your 'Infamy! Infamy!' collection. I look forward to seeing it develop over the coming months.

As to your prize for fulfilling the Peak challenge, I am delighted to pass on to you Alejandro's beautifully rendered Sdkfz 222 armoured car. 


Well done Benito! Now, go warm yourself up with a nice chocolate caliente and a churro. :)

8 comments:

  1. Thank you my Lord, I'm happy your are pleased with my offering and a nice shiny treasure for my collection ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fanatics Benito! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on these hairy naked guys Benito, and a fine looking prize for your efforts. Bundle up and stay warm, the scarf might also help vs the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work Benito! Even if you don't really enjoy painting flesh (neither do I really) the end result has been well worth the effort. Wouldn’t want to be in their place though... facing Romans in Lorica with your best bits dangling in the fresh air is not a comforting thought I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking bunch of healthy Germans!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete