Tuesday 10 March 2020

From Barks: Why did it have to be snakes? (54 points)

I've finished the snake-themed baddies from the latest Mansions of Madness expansion. They're fairly quick to paint, but didn't really capture my interest- they're just not Cthulhu-esque enough for me. I like the splash of colour they have.


Ancient Basilisk

Temple Guardians

Serpent People

Feathered Serpents

I've put in some of the investigators for size comparison. I reckon 5 points for the smaller figures, 7 for the guardians, and 15 for the big chap?

5x small 25
2x medium 14
1x big 15



You might not have enjoyed painting them, but they are cracking paintjobs nonetheless. I think your suggested scoring is quite reasonable, so I've gone with that.

TamsinP

19 comments:

  1. Those are some nasty looking snakes and snake types Barks. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Feathered Serpents

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting Barks. I'm with you though, they don't really have that Lovecraftian look to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Curt! It is challenging to paint imaginary colours and dimensions, but they're more cosmic horror than serpent people or mummies.

      Delete
  4. Great work Barks.
    "Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?" great film, watched it again just this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some excellent serpents mate, I really like the basilisk, would be great for use with Harry Potter games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done! Took me a minute to get the movie reference...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to drop in some pop culture.

      Delete
  7. Super looking serpents!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. What paint did you use for the scales?

    ReplyDelete