Monday 16 March 2020

From LeeH: Ogg make FIRE! (27 Points)

A few weeks ago I received a very nice parcel in the post. All parcels are actually nice but this particular one was very nice because I didn't buy it, it was sent to me as a present. Inside were five perfectly cast Neanderthals sent to me by Alex from Russia. He was a member of my Tuesday crew when I was a minion in last years Challenge and I think this was a reward for the odd bonus point I might have put in his direction back then! 😉


These are 28mm, cast in white metal and other than a little bit of filing to be done on the base completely free of any caste lines or flash. The sculpture is fairly basic but actually, they painted up really well. I'm not really sure where I'm going to use them, but I did promise Alex I'd try and get them painted by the end of the Challenge, so here they are.



Actually come to think of it I could probably use these some pulp role-playing games that I have. Have an excellent little RPG we called Hollow Earth Expedition which is a proper 'land of the lost' type setting, and these guys would fit in their perfectly.

Pointwise these are relatively simple. 5x28mm figures and the fire which I suppose should be a couple of points. If my math is correct these should take me to my target! Wo-hoo! Now I really, really, really need to get on with my Snow Lords Challenge!!!

***

Great work Lee.  Alex is indeed a fine fellow of the hobby - I have my own set of these figures, waiting for the attention of my brushes.  It's great to see some of the products from Russia's leading producer of prehistoric metal figures painted up for the Challenge :) 

Two points for the fire seems about right to me - so 27 points it is! Well done Lee - and a big thank you to Alex! 

GregB

7 comments:

  1. Lovely work Lee. :)

    Hmmm, I think I might have an idea of what to prep, prime and paint this week now that I've painted everything I had planned to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another great honor for me. great job! I regret that I could not send miniatures to all participants of the event ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking cavemen!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You wait for mammoth?"
    "Mammoth come dark."
    ; )
    Splendid work, Lee - and as close as you'll get to bespoke figure casting these days, courtesy of the talented Alex.

    Guys, this for me exemplifies the very best spirit of the Challenge; a true collaborative venture across borders in a world where we sometimes forget the really important things. Well done Lee and Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look the part, and I like the smoke!

    ReplyDelete