Monday 16 March 2020

From KenR: 28mm Odd Couple Tanks (45 Points)


There was a couple of random  tanks hanging around in the to do pile for the challenge, a lonely Warlord Games Crusader and a lonely Blitzkrieg Matilda.


They have been painted up in the Caunter Scheme with a slightly darker and slightly greener mid colour than my previous entries but this is to match two tanks of each type that already exist in the collection.


The Matilda has a Warlord Games Commander, the other part of the turret hatch is somewhere on the cellar floor where it fell off when I was undercoating it, whoops. The name "Otter" is part of my Wind in the Willows theme for Matildas, this one joins Toad, Mole, Ratty, Badger and Hedgehog to finish a collection of 6 Infantry Tanks.


The Crusader, from Warlord is considerably bigger (I think 28mm rather than 1/56 scale) than the Blitzkrieg Miniatures version that I did earlier in the challenge so the different colour scheme helps the separation.

I've taken the photos for these on my Samsung S9 phone which has produced a bit of a fish eye lens effect which I'm not a fan off, strange but my old Galaxy Tab with a much "worse" camera.


So I'm claiming 45 points, 2 x 20 for the tanks and two halves of a 28mm figure for 5. I'm going to be a long way short of my target this year with Flakegate taking the wind out of my sails.

***

Great work once again Ken...I'll have to let your comment about 28mm and 1/56 scale slide (I'm sure Nick will be along to sort us out there) but I'm sure many Challengers will join me in saluting your valiant efforts in the face of Flakegate. I've really enjoyed the steadily growing armoured reserves, it has been a lot of fun to watch your efforts. 

These two beasts look lovely - your fine execution of the tricky Caunter scheme in particular is notable, as always. That will be 45 points for you!

GregB

21 comments:

  1. Nice tanks Ken, but aren't you missing one? You normally produce them for us in threes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did say that they were an odd couple. I’m disappointed that they are not named Oscar an Felix.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tamsin, it was time to go all anarchist with my numbers ! I might do 5 next just to confuse people 😉

      Delete
  2. Lovely work on these tanks Ken. Im stepping out of the splinter zone on the scale discussion ....
    Don’t you love it when kit bits fall off at inopportune moments? A few challenges back I did an Italian AA gun as my Curtgeld and lost a circular base in assembly. Luckily I was able cobble together a sub out of card. Of course I found the missing bit months later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😂 it's one of the joys of putting stuff together ! It's one of the reasons I always keep a bits box, you never know what's going go fire off under the sofa 🤔

      Delete
  3. Wonderful work Ken. I've always liked the turret design of the Crusader, though it must have been a horrific shot trap wit those overhangs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good looking tank after the horror of the A10. At least where the shot trap is the armour is on an angle and thicker.

      Delete
  4. Very nice caunter once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pair of tanks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. How does he do it, the world asks... that Caunter camo is the dog's knees, or the bee's pyjamas, however it goes!

    And the set dressing for the models is top-notch as usual - well done mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Evan, although this background isn't very deserty! It's our ongoing AWI game.

      Delete
  7. Ah, more British steel fresh from the factories. Very well done on these two beauties.

    ReplyDelete