Monday 16 March 2020

From BillA - "I say, Jeeves!" (10 Points)

Been digging through my closet of shame and found a box of Pulp Figures I'd primed a year or so ago; I'd won a free pack through a trivia contest Bob Murch had had on his Facebook page, redeemable with my next order, so I ordered enough of the "Personality" sets to get two free packs, and one of them was "Upper Crust Swells." Among the tuxedoed fellows and society matrons was a stiff-backed valet and an enthusiastic young man with a loopy grin and an umbrella in hand.


I immediately recognized them as the long-suffering valet Jeeves and his charge, Bertram Wilberforce Wooster, from P.G. Wodehouse's classic series of comic novels and, of course, the ITV show starring Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry.


Please forgive the unusual backdrop - trying to take their picture against my usual backdrop kept resulting in them being ridiculously washed out.  We cleaned our kitchen this weekend though, and on a whim I took a picture of them with the side of our refrigerator behind them.  It left the details a bit more visible.  That's two more 28mm figures, for another 10 points.

***

"Upper Crust Swells" - love that title. Great work Bill - another 10 points for you!

GregB

5 comments:

  1. "Jeeves, I've decided to improve my mind."
    "That would not be possible, sir."
    ; )
    Lovely work on these two gentlemen, Bill - a real treat for fans of Wodehouse (as well as fans of Fry and Laurie!).

    ReplyDelete