Monday 28 December 2020

From TeemuL: Erkenbrand to the Helm's Deep (75 points)

I guess I have been around since Challenge V, so that is quite a lot. I'm from Finland and you can follow my mostly-hobby-related Instagram account @vainvader78, if you like.

I have usually tried to post once a week, but I already missed the first one. Things happen, when you are on holiday, not enough time for everything. Buying an old house will keep my rather busy for next couple months, or years. Challenge Chamber hopefully will give me a reason to post small entries regularly.

But first post is not about the Chamber, it is about my hobby resolution: paint all remaining Rohan miniatures. With Erkenbrand riding to Helm's Deep with his companions, I can start my journey to somewhere deeper...

These are painted mostly with Contrast paints, which work like magic on Lotr miniatures. They are not as tidy as the miniatures I painted some years ago, I have slightly changed my goal from quality to quantity (neither of them is very high, though).

Anyway, when focusing on playing with your miniatures, it is better to have an average level painted army than having a skirmish group and unassembled sprues, if you want to actually play. :)

Here they are in all their glory, Erkenbrand on foot and mounted and 6 riders of Rohan.

75 points, that will keep me in the top half for now.

Minion Teemu: These posts look a bit wrong without the minion comment, so I add them by myself and it makes me feel like a minion, too!

14 comments:

  1. They look fantastic! I have a soft spot in my heart for the rohirrim, so I'm totally biased haha. Best of luck with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking rohirrim! I tend to agree that dropping your standard and getting stuff done is better than not having enough painted!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work! Can’t have too many Rohirrim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking rides Teemu. Great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made great use of the contrast paints; I agree- they look to be designed for plastic figures. I love the Rohirrim; I have 160 plastic Rohirrim languishing unpainted in basement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better open your Contrast pods and start painting!

      Delete
  6. Great looking cavalry, Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Rohirrim! Contrast Paints work the doodle. Congratulations on the new old house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely and you've done amazing work with the contrast paints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love a bit of Rohan, nice job Teemu, I even followed your Twitter 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back to the challenge again Teemu! Nice to see other Finns around as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they look great, love the contrast paints. And you are completely right, they are playing pieces after all. Not much wrong with your level of painting though!

    ReplyDelete