Monday 28 December 2020

Suffer the Lash - Challenge Administrative Memo

 

Hello Challengers!

We're now a week into the AHPC and we have over 100 submissions, with almost half of us having submitted an entry. I think that may be a new record. Bravo!! 

Another one for the books is the amount of new folks we have with us this year. Almost as third of the Challengers are new people which is wonderful to see. Again, welcome to the Challenge!

_______________________

A few administrative notes to touch upon.

1) What we need participants to provide in their posts:

  • provide your name and the subject of your submission in the title;
  • give us a good description of what you're showing us;
  • pictures should be approximately 1000 pixels across the top;
  • state clearly the number and scale of the figures you are submitting along with your points estimate;
  • put your name, scale, manufacturer, etc. in the 'Label' field in the right sidebar (this aids in future searches).

2) Paint Duels

I suggest that those administrating the various paint duels submit their own updates regarding their contests. I first thought I'd handle it, but I think it best done by the participants. This gives it a personal touch, and in turn allows me to dodge the responsibility. ;)

3) Challenge Cut Off

Again, I want to remind all participants that January 21st is the deadline to have your first entry in. If you've not made a submission by then you'll be cut from the roster. Yep, it's not called a 'challenge' for nothing. :)

4) Prize Figure

I remind everyone to get their prize figure done as soon as you can so I can award them to those who complete the final test in the Chambers of Challenge.

5) Wargames Illustrated Article

Our very own NoelW will be writing an article on the AHPC to be published in Wargames Illustrated later next year! He and I are currently working on the outline for the piece and hope to involve some participants in our caper. Noel will respect participants' privacy and will be happy to take in any questions/suggestions regarding the article. Feel free to contact me to get his contact information, otherwise I believe he will describe what he has in mind in one of his future posts.

6) Sarah the Sorceress

Later today Lady Sarah will be posting a message regarding the Sorceress submissions.


Okay, that's it! Let's get back to our brushes and see if we can get to 7000 points by New Year's Day.

- Curt


10 comments:

  1. Wow what a great start! Well done and thank you Curt for creating this masterpiece for all of us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question Curt.

    My first 8 mini's will not be based as they are part of a larger unit that was painted prior to the start of the challenge- I don't want to cheat and include them all!

    How would I go about scoring these?

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest basing them along with the previously painted figures and making it clear that you are only claiming points for the eight figures painted since the beginning of the Challenge.

      Delete
    2. Yup, what Tamsin suggests works. Another option is if you want to submit unbased figures just take 20% off the normal point amount. Say if they were 28mm foot figures, they would normally be scored at 5 points each, so for unbased 28mm foot they would be 4 points each. I hope this helps.

      Delete
    3. Thanks guys. I'll take a few snaps of the unbased mini's then a snap of them sitting in the based unit- making clear that it's the last eight mini's in the back rank that count lol :>)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for letting us know boss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Righto, I'll keep track of the GW duel and post something up next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Message received and understood, standing by 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live having a bunch of new work to catch up on very morning with my first coffee- great stuff!

    ReplyDelete