Saturday 20 March 2021

From Guy B: [The Oubliette] The Peacemonger [25 points]

For the oubliette, I almost literally went digging in the darkest corner of my cellar to find the oldest and most unloved model in my collection. I don't recall how I got him but I know he has a long heritage.


He's a Golden Heroes model from 1984 (!) and looks like a Captain America lookalike.



The base is marked Games Workshop 1984. WOW! He needed a little bit of scrubbing!


Here he is, the Peacemonger! Here to bring peace to the citizens of the city of Brex, by all means! He brings evildoers to his JUSTICE, bloodily! In his eyes, this includes Criminals, petty thieves, troublemakers, beggars, peaceful protesters, the woke, you name it!


Armed with the shield of righteousness and the baton of 'peace', he cracks heads to make the Brex city streets quiet! (Yes, by now, you may have gathered he's a bit of an anti-hero!)

I could have swapped this entry with the one for my Heroes (if I get that far). I've really enjoyed painting for the challenge so far but this one was a bit of a struggle. If not for the challenge, The Peacemonger would have spent many more years in the darkness. So one model with a ridiculously wide base, 25 points.


 


7 comments:

  1. What a great find! A heroic looking hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little treasure. He does look like he used to be a gymnast before changing careers and fighting c

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's taking the 'heroic' pose into painful territory. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That is a brilliant and apropos figure for the Oubliette. From 1984! Wow, that is an oldie. Love the cheesy wide-stance pose. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid old school miniature,nicely painted too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant revitalization of this figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very old school! The lost loved mini in your collection?

    ReplyDelete