Saturday 20 March 2021

From AlexK - When is Oldhammer not Oldhammer? (5 points)

 So this submission will be my last gasp effort for the finish line and should see me hit my target of 400 points. This didn't seem possible a month ago as I hadn't really started on anything for the challenge, barring a single ork. Once I'd pulled a plan together things began to fall in to place and this piece sees me hit my target with a 5 point haul and 13 hours left on the clock!








I had found this model on eBay a couple of months ago for a very reasonable price, the sort of price that would suggest that it was a very old edition of the model and was 15 - 20 years out of date. After a bit of google work it turns out that this is the same current edition that GW still produces now, some 27 years after I last saw this model in a White Dwarf magazine!


I would also like to declare this as my Curtgeld entry for this challenge, I thought I had declared my initial entry as such, but that idea seems to be lost to the internet ether somewhere. So to whoever deals with such prize giving admin, it is entirely your choice which model gets sent out, this or the ork.


Cheers,

Alex


9 comments:

  1. That's quite a fabulous looking Eldar Exarch(?) The red and bronze work well together with the bone colour of his wig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it could well be an exarch, I'm not overly up to date with a lot of Warhammer 40'000 stuff. I don't think they are even called Eldar anymore, that's how long I've been away from GW.

      Cheers,
      Alex

      Delete
  2. Amazing work on the bronze. Really nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is a fabulous looking model Alex. As Nick says, the red and bronze looks very sharp. Wonderful work! It was great to have you with us in the Challenge. I hope to see you for our next campaign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can be a bit more organised for the next one, Ha!

      cheers,
      Alex

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work Alex. Your metallics are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful piece; it still stands up very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, love the red and bronze.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous looking 40k Eldar ( I don't know what they're called now either!)
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete