Saturday 20 March 2021

From ScottM: 15mm Ancients (174 points)

One of the things I wanted to get painted in this year's challenge was some of my 15mm Ancients remnants that I had lying around. I had a number of partially filled packs from when I painted up New Kingdom Egyptian and Hittite armies a number of years ago. So here's a number of those remnants. All the figures are from Old Glory 15s. These figures are based up for Impetus, Sword & Spear and Hail Ceasar. First up are some Sea People infantry.
Next are a bunch of Nubian archers.
Next are a pair of Egyptian archer bases.
Next is a lone base of Egyptian heavy infantry.
And finally is a pair of slinger skirmish bases.
I also managed to paint up some middle eastern buildings. These resin buildings are from Forged in Battle's War & Empire range. These are the Eastern Village set with a Minaret Mosque Tower. These were dead simple and quick to paint up.

So that should be:
86 - 15mm foot figs = 172 points
Buildings = 2 points
Total = 174 points

9 comments:

  1. Nicely done- what are your base dimensions here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Scott. This is exactly whats great about the Challenge, do you think these would have been painted up if not for the Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had set myself a New Years goal of getting 6 bases done some time this year. Definitely crushed that goal!

      Delete
  3. Very clean and vibrant brushwork. Well done Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use 20mm x 80mm for skirmishers, 40mm x 80mm for infantry/missile troops and 60mm x 80mm for cavalry/chariots/elephants. If I need to have really close order infantry I can use 30mm x 80mm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking ancients and nice buildings!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on these fine 15s. Love the terrain, looks a bit like the wooden sets we played with as kids,

    ReplyDelete