Tuesday 16 March 2021

From Millsy: Chambers of Challenge Level 3 (230 points)

Hi All,

It's fair to say I don't much enjoy taking photos so I often end up doing "check out this whole X in one go" type posts. Ofttimes this has amused and occasionally bemused our frosty overlord and I guess this is potentially another of those times. Here we have my entire collection of kit for the Chambers of Challenge Level 3.


Graveyard Beach (120 points)

I think I may have misread this one. Apparently it's the GraveYARD Beach but to me it's definitely the GraveGUARD Beach. These guys are an upgrade for the "Barrow Guardians" from my Warhammer Fantasy Battle army based on the White Dwarf articles depicting Heinrich Kemmler's Army of the Cairns. I wasn't able to get the minis I wanted at a decent price at the time so I went with a home baked version of Empire soldiers and skull bits. It was OK I guess and looked like this...


They've since been sold and used in part to fund replacement as follows. These are the first edition metal sculpts with the shields replaced by the current version plastic shields. Scored as 20 x 28mm miniatures plus bonus.







Hall of Heroes (25 points)

This chap arrived as a free miniature along with some half-orcs I purchased recently. He's be ungraded with a clenched fist on his right hand replaced by a sword because, well, it's clearly more heroic right? Scored as a single 28mm miniature plus bonus.



Lair of the Spider (Beast) (60 points)

I didn't have any unpainted arachnids lurking about (apart from the inevitable live ones) so I had to look for something else. These are Red Box Games similar to but legally distinguishable from Games Workshop Lord of the Rings armoured trolls.
A snip at USD$17.95 + postage for EIGHT in four different poses. Painted up I have to admit I would be hard pressed to tell them from the original article and given I didn't have to sell a kidney to buy them I can have a drink to celebrate... Scored as 4 x  54mm miniatures plus bonus.





If you're still paying attention you may have started to join the dots on a bit of a theme now. More of that shortly in another post.

The Snowlord's Treasury (25 points)

Lastly this one was a moment of [ahem] "genius" when I was starting a pile of sprues left over on the side of the desk. I'd already painted all my treasure chests in a previous post so needed something else treasurish and what better than a pallet of gold bullion? Just the ticket for Pulp and/or VBCW games. We can't go chasing after the Arc of the Covenant every time after all. Scored as a single 28mm miniature plus bonus.



So that's me finished on Level 3. Not sure if I will have time to complete the Altar of the Snowlord but we'll see.

Cheers,
Millsy

---- 
Warhammer figs? On St Patrick's Day? You know how to warm a Cap'n's heart you do! Take your 230 dubloons and another 5 for the banner and the Old World pun

Cap'n Wednesday

7 comments:

  1. Is that 30, 35 skullz?

    Those trolls are an absolutely criminal bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to give you the Skullz count Barks. It's exactly 100 on the nose. 20 for their own skulls and then a boatload of sword pommels, armour plates, shields, etc.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work! Undead upgrade... is that an ungrade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work all around Millsy and great rules lawyering on the Not Quite GW Trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking undead and hero and I would of happily accepted the trolls as the real deal if you hadn't told me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete