Tuesday 16 March 2021

Triumphantly Tamsin Tuseday

 


"Good morning Ladies, Gentlemen...and Ray. Well, it certainly seems as though the stern ticking off I gave you last week has reaped dividends as you have all knuckled down and contributed mahoossively to our rate of ascent."

"Snowlord Airways flight AHPC-XI out of Challenge, Blogland is currently cruising at an altitude of 70,559 points. That is 2,659 points above our target altitude of 67,900 points. I would distribute the Bolly, but we (the crew that is, not me using the "Royal We") drank it all last week."

"However, an emergency delivery of was crayons has been shuttled up to us and I will be distributing them shortly. Ray will be pleased to hear that there are plenty of the orange ones."

"Now, I've done a little bit of number crunching (I hope Miles doesn't mind) to see how much painting you need to do over the next few days to equal previous AHPC flights."

"Looking at the unadjusted totals, you have already exceeded those for AHPC-VI (64,690; 88 passengers) and AHPC-X (68,878; 68 passengers). We look, given past experience of a last minute flurry of entries, to be on course to equal or exceed the total for AHPC-VIII (78,038; 76 passengers). Equaling or exceeding the totals for AHPC-IX (81,445; 85 passengers) and AHPC-VII (83,200; 96 passengers) looks less certain."

"Now, if we adjust those figures to account for the number of passengers, a different picture emerges. Based on the fact that we have 84 passengers aboard this year, adjusting the previous totals to that number of passengers gives us:"

AHPC-VI        61,750 (EXCEEDED)

AHPC-VII      72,800 (we're very close)

AHPC-IX        80,487 (possibly achievable)

AHPC-X          85,085 (I doubt it)

AHPC-VIII      86,253 (I doubt it even more)


"Now, I'm not suggesting for one minute that you aren't going to be able to pull off a record output, just that it is going to be extremely hard work to knock out nearly 16,000 points before midnight on Saturday."

"Go ahead, punks - make my day!"


Toodle-pip-pip-pip!

Tamsin


5 comments:

  1. Im betting we ring in at 80K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be a push, but I agree that's where we should end up. The brush slaves will have to up their pace over the last three days though - they're not even managing 1,000 points a day at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Have a great last Tuesday Tamsin. One post for me today.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a good day.

      ps only one post is just not good enough! ;)

      Delete
    2. I recall running you off your feet with posts this time last year. Plus my paint desk hasn’t got a lot of nearly there projects and there were some specific times I wanted to post that weren’t Tuesday

      Delete