Tuesday 16 March 2021

From JamesM: 15mm Cromwells (yes, again!) - 24 points

Hi folks,

With the end date of the challenge rapidly approaching, I had a long hard think to myself about what the challenge really needed. I pondered over what it was lacking, what really wasn't represented enough, and came to the opinion that it was drastically short some 15mm Plastic Soldier Company Cromwells. 

I may have reached this epiphany at 3am while young Mr Alexander was doing everything he could to resist sleep. However, in my defence he didn't object when I discussed it with him. 

It just so happened that I have also just finished the 3rd troop of Cromwells for my C Squadron, 10 Pulk Strzelcow Konnych (10th Polish Mounted Rifles) project. Handy that. 


These form part of my 15mm Flames of War collection for the 1st Polish Armoured Division. As previously mentioned, this unit was the Armoured Recce regiment of the 1st Polish Armoured Division. I've painted and decalled them as they might have been found on 8th August 1944, when they launched the Poles daytime attack as part of Operation Totalize. As per usual, the open hatch will eventually have a commander figure added, which along with the two aerials marks the troop HQ vehicle. 



This troop is the fourth Cromwell related entry for this challenge from me. I've one more troop to complete and I'll have painted the full squadron of 17 tanks. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that I'll get the whole lot done before the end date, although I'll be most of the way there.

These three 15mm tanks should come to 24 points. 


Young Alexander chatting to daddy about Cromwell tanks, circa 3am. He has the same expression his mother has when I try to have these conversations with her. 




What could be better than a Cromwell at this late stage of the Challenge? Why, three Cromwells! Cracking work, James.

Tamsin
 


4 comments:

  1. I do love those Cromwells James, and i get the same eye rolling from my 25 year old. Enjoy the bonding time at 3am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely trio of Cromwell's! Keep at it but maybe he's more a Sherman type of chap?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb looking Cromwells James! Try telling Alexander more about Big Cats in Normandy perhaps?

    ReplyDelete