Tuesday 16 March 2021

from RayR - Donnybrook - Ottoman Champions (30pts)

  


Donnybrook, Donnybrook, Donnybrook!

This is my last post from my Warfare Miniatures Ottomans, using a set of rules that you may have heard of before?


Ottoman Cavalry force

Unit of Elite Sipahis of the Porte - armoured, lance, pistols and shield - 3 models
Unit of Drilled Balkan Timariot Sipahis - armoured, lance, pistols - 6 models
Unit of Drilled Anatolian Sipahis - spear, bow - 6 models
Unit of Recruit Tribal cavalry - bows - 9 models
All finished!!!


These were bought and sold as a three man unit of Elite Sipahis of the Porte, but as I previously painted up a unit of Dixon Sipahis of the Porte and Warfare will soon be realising more Sipahis. I' decided to use these 3 figures as Character figures instead.





The Ottoman Serasker (Supreme Commander)
Grand Vizier Merzifonlu Kara Mustafa Pasha
Hero - D12


Abaza Sari Hüseyin Pasha, Beylerbeyi of Damascus
Champion-D10


Standard Bearer
Hasim Adem Alpaslan
D8

So my three mounted command figures will earn me 10 points each

Making a Grand total of 

30 points!



Lovely painting, Ray, and congrats on completing your Ottomans for Donnybrook.

Tamsin


14 comments:

  1. Some really cool figures here Ray. Love that Grand Vizier in particular. Isn't that also the title you go by in day to day life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Greg, it is, whi have you been speaking to?

      Delete
  2. Really nice painting, Ray. You've definitely convinced me I need some of these for my Ottomans. Dammit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Hilton will be pleased. I think I should be on commission?

      Delete
  3. Hang on Ray - I thought the Donnybrook stuff was grey? Lovely job matey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking Ottomans!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking commanders Ray, love the headwear.

    ReplyDelete