Sunday 9 January 2022

From Millsy: 28mm Erin Celtic Myth (Sarah) and Oathmark Undead (Arda) (145 points)

Hi All,

Me again! One final post to round out the weekend. This time it's another Erin Celtic Myth miniature and a unit of Games Workshop undead for use in Oathmark. I've jumped to Challenge Quadrant Arda for the undead given their fantasy theme.

This Alternative Armies Erin Celtic Myth miniature is CM3-05 Sidhe Clan Female Warrior, bearing a strange resemblance in the face to the female champion. Lazy sculpting, or just coincidence? I suspect the former given the cape is also pretty much a carbon copy.


Chasing her around are these ugly chaps, looking more like an outing of the Grinch family gone horribly wrong than anything else. I don't normally do blood and gore for some reason, probably as much because it can get out of hand. I think I struck the right balance here, keeping it mainly to the hands and face, plus a toothbrush splatter effect. There are loads of ways to paint gore to be found online. I went for my own home brew version, mixing gloss varnish and a deep red paint in two coats, the first tinted with Nuln Oil for a darker look like dried blood.


Exit, stage left!


Sorry for the awful photos! My huskies were "helping" [ahem]...


And that's me done until next Sunday. Keep up the great work people, I've already had my mind blown by the wonderful creations on display and we've only just begun!

Cheers,
Millsy


____________________________________

Yep, you had me with the female warrior figure as I thought it was from your previous post! Still, if the sculptor is going to make a 'new' figure from an existing model he might as well do if from good source material.

I think those ghouls look quite excellent. They have just the right amount of blood and viscera to make it tasty. As a variant to your recipe, I typically use inks, starting with a brown, then dapple with a chestnut and finally bright red. The ink stays glossy and provides some translucent icky depth (in a good way).

Well done Millsy! I look forward to next Sunday's entries. :)

- Curt

13 comments:

  1. Those creatures are great Millsy, really nicely done - their "flesh" painting is superb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stuff there, I like the sick look of the ghouls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the ghouls, just restrained enough on the blood and gore I think. I’ve not tried Oathmark, but I’ve been tempted….

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of the flesh you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super spooky ghouls and just the right amount of blood and gore. That heroine looks capable but there’s only one of her and lots of them! She’s great.
    Nice piece of 3D printed terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super job Millsy 👏

    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete