Wednesday 26 January 2022

From RayR - Cybertron/Transformational - Blacksmith's Forge (25 Points)

 


For my visit to Cybertron, I thought Transformational part would fit perfect for this wonderful piece of kit. A Blacksmith's forge that would transform base metal into weapons and other items a little less useful for a wargamer.


Once again its from those very clever chaps at Iron Gate Scenery, who really do make some great items for wargaming. This kit can be purchased for the modest sum of £14.


Its an all plastic and resin kit, which fits together very easily. The base is from Warbases and is left over from the stack I bought to make jungle terrain a few Challenges ago.


Its probably more based on the medieval period, but hey ho, I think this fits for the Donnybrook period spot on.


And of course you need a Blacksmith, I can't remember where this chap comes from, sorry?
But with that stylish tache, who cares!


And here's his Dad, who's a Redoubt figures, from I think their AWI range?


He's working very hard, poor chap.


There's a hole under the fire pit, for a tea light, so it looks like the flames are flickering. 
I did take a 5 second film. but can't get the bugger to work!!!
oh well


I hate working out how much buildings are worth, its 4 x 3 x 2 inches, so I'd hazard a guess at 5pts??

2 x 25mm figures @5 points
1 x 25mm horse@5pts
Cyberton Bonus 20pts

So I'd say 35pts???
What do you reckon Greg?
 
***
 
Well Ray, bless you, we have some more excellent work here - fitting for Donnybrook (and surely other rules) so nicely! As ever the brushwork is very well done. The light in the firepit looks great too, I can even feel some heat from that fire. Since it is -21 C outside, this is appreciated. I should note in general I have a lot of respect for people who find the motivation to paint terrain, since I am a total laggard in that department...
 
But...
 
For Cyberton...a blacksmith??? I'm sorry my friend, accepting that would cause The Challenge XII Quadrant to evaporate in an event horizon of strained molecular interpretation rendering all of us to particles in an instant. Not even Paul SS would be able to whip of a spaceship in time to save us...so I must decline any location bonus points for Cybertron on this submission.
 
As a consolation, I will award some bonus points for painting terrain. Painting terrain. Ugh. 25 points all in (two 25mm figures, the horse, and points for the terrain, and the emotional trauma of knowing you are painting terrain instead of figures).
 
GregB 

32 comments:

  1. Sorry Greg, I don't understand your logic on this one? The round was Cybertron, Robots, Transformation/Transformative.
    It fits into the Transformation part of the wording?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ray - my logic is that is something that must actually transform...not be part of making/transforming something else, as that could be literally any figure or thing...

      Delete
    2. Fair enough, but it is supposed to be open to interpretation, or so I thought?
      Never mind, I shall endevour to do better next time.

      Delete
    3. Open to interpretation, yes, but within reason and the minions have to determine whether it does meet the criteria. I think you knew you might be pushing it with this one and should have checked it out with Greg first.

      Delete
  2. Lovely stuff Ray.
    It must be tenuous if the "more tenuous than PaulSS" stick was wielded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work mate. Love the forge with flickering fire effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ray:
    That's a fine bit of scenery, even without the video, I can see the tealight effect in the one photo and it looks grand. I could see this pair being hired/forced to remove the captives from that giant prison wagon in one of your earlier posts.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice piece of scenery, although not accepted on Cybertron - unfortunately. Painting level is high as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely piece of scenery. These small pieces are what provide life and charater to our gaming tables

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice forge and blacksmith, Ray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what ever the geographers say I think it's an awesome piece. Boo Hiss from the sidelines. DOWN WITH PEDANTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could, I would award you an EXTRA BONUS for the tea light! 😘
      Which reminds me to hide the tea lights away from Curt ….

      Delete
  9. Great and fun work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work on this vignette Ray, plus you got your plugs in for most of your regular sponsors. As for the theme you were BUSTED. I suggest that you were hoist by your own petard on this one. A track record of dodgy dealer will always get you close examination from the Coppers and an unsympathetic judge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool Ray! This will be such a great addition to your table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear, Ray it is a nice piece and you almost got away with some bonus points too, almost... well It's a great addition to your Donnybrook sc3nery for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking forge,pity about the bonus points!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete