Wednesday 26 January 2022

From ScottC - Ringwraiths, Necromancer, and Monsters! (265 points)

 

Hi everybody,


In my journey through Middle Earth I have had these models on my shelf for too many years. As a part of my Hobby Challenge submission last year I had painted a Spider Queen and a bunch of giant spiders and spider babies. I have finally painted the legend herself, Shelob! and some of her brood to boot.



The Frodo in Spider Web was a token I painted up last year for my Hobby Challenge!








Not that the Hobbit movies were anything to write home about BUT I was definitely thrilled to enjoy more Tolkien content. Ever since watching the Necromancer in Dol Guldur fight off the Vanquishers Elrond, Galadriel, Gandalf, and Radagast I wanted to have a figure to be just as menacing.


Fast forward to last year, I picked up the Necromancer from GW and the named Ringwraiths to paint up and lead my forces of Mordor!


I was extremely nervous doing my research on how I wanted to paint my necromancer and low and behold, games workshop releases a fall of the necromancer supplement WITH a guide on how to paint the miniature. Off I went and loaded up my airbrush and had a great time painting him. I am very happy with the lighting and how he glows!









Every good dungeon needs a dungeon keeper!






Three Ringwraiths 3d printer from The Printing Goes Ever On


8 of the named Ringwraiths from GW. The betrayer is a personal favorite!









Lastly, I had some miscellaneous Wargs I 3d printed and were an absolute blast to paint!







Points: 
16 x  40mm mounted models @ 15 pts = 240 pts
3x 40mm foot figures (spiders) @ 7 pts = 21pts
1x 60mm Shelob @ ?30 points? = 30pts
11x 28mm Ft models @ 5pts = 55pts

Total pts = 265

Some epic fantasy minis on display here Scott.  I especially like the yellowish glow on the Necromancer and the shading not he Ringwraiths.  I am sure that Shelob has appeared in the Challenge but can't be arsed to go back and see how she was scored previously so I'll go with the 30 that you suggested.  I rounded up for a big post of quality minis.  

No comments:

Post a Comment