Friday 23 December 2022

From AdamC: Toy Barn for Evelyn - Gift Shop (80 Points)

Okay so this is not technically a miniature but it is sort of a doll house (doll barn).  Its Melissa & Dough piece my wife picked up. 


The previous owner had put a number of stickers on it that I scrapped off and then painted over. 

I had wanted to do the trim in white but with time running out my wife and i agreed that stained wood look good.
 

I opted not to paint the interior because its barn and Maybe that will be project for my daughter to take on. 

The Barn is huge 17x13 inches on the base and 14 to 15 high but a simple paint job and the inside is unpainted with a good bit of empty space. So I tossed it to Curt to judge the points he suggested 60 Points for the Barn and that I submit it the Gift Shop for another 20.  Now off to hide it until Christmas morning (not sure how I am going to wrap it!!!!) Also would a Doll house count for a Squirrel Point? 

_________________________________

Adam, this will be a lovely gift for Evelyn. She'll be over the moon when she unwraps it. I'm sure she will be spending considerable time, thinking of how to decorate it and fill it up with her precious toys. Now, off to find enough wrapping paper to cover it up for under the tree!

Well done! 

- Curt

13 comments:

  1. That's a great gift, Adam - I'm sure Evelyn will be delighted to open it on Christmas Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scale is probably unique enough for a Squirrel. The barn looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - lovely gift. Reminds me of a book that I read a LOT about a big red barn in a great green field. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great parenting and painting in one project Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thinking and I’m sure your little lass will be over the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool gift, now you need to paint all the animals and tractors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great gift, nice work too. Good luck wrapping and hiding it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely idea, my kids are older and its only when they've grown up and talk about the past that you realise how much they really treasure and appreciate efforts like this leaving them with special memories. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work! I would sign and date it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Need some fire slits in the walls....;)
    Nice work Adam! I agree the aged wood look is better than pure white. That is a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete