Friday 23 December 2022

From TamsinP: Klegg Hai! (Sci-Fi) (41 points)

I started painting these figures on Wednesday and had them all but finished last night. However, as I was meant to be traveling to Sussex this morning for Christmas at my sister's I was expecting to have to finish and submit them next week when I would get back to London.

Then a seasonal bug decided to hit me overnight, ruling out travel today. With train strikes still set to go ahead tomorrow, that means that even if I do get over it overnight I'll be staying in London for another solo Christmas. Still, there's some good in it - it means I have been able to get them finished today and can make a start on my next set of figures or models.

Who /what are the Kleggs? They are a fearsome, violent, bloodthirsty, not overly bright alien race. Their first appearance in 2000AD was in the 1978 Judge Dredd story "The Day The Law Died" in which the insane Chief Judge Cal hired a mercenary contingent of them to help fight against the Judges who had rebelled against his corrupt regime.




These figures are from Warlord Games. The heads are swap-able so you could get 9 variants (each set of arms only fits with one body) - I might buy another pack at some point. They are big - here's a photo of one next to a normal 28mm figure:


These are obviously science fiction, so I'm going to make a start on the map and count them for the Sci-Fi studio.



Points

3 x 40mm figure @ 7 = 21 points

Sci-Fi Studio @ 20 = 20 points

Total = 41 points.

________________________________________

I see you've offered these to us as an amuse bouche towards your upcoming Traveller starship. This is all good and fine, as these Kleggs are wonderfully (ferociously?) painted in their blue and brass finery. Another worthy nemesis to put against Dredd and his allies. Well done!

Welcome back to the Challenge, Ms. P! :)

- Curt

43 comments:

  1. Those Kleggs look like absolute brutes. They'll be no match for Judge Dredd though. Nice work, Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Borag Thung Tamsin. A certain Mighty editor would no doubt consider these Krill Tro Thargo. All Lizards. In. Spaaace are worthy but these are the worthiest. Happy Challenge XIII!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm sure that The Mighty One would approve of these zarjaz mercenaries! :)

      Delete
  3. Great figs. Hope you get to your sisters for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! A bit better today, but not enough to risk travel, unfortunately. :)

      Delete
  4. While I am unfamiliar with the story behind these Kleggs, the painting is mighty impressive yet again Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some more excellent work as per usual Tamsin. I love the lizard skin effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these, they look awesome! Sorry to hear you fell ill, but I guess it benefits all of us to see these minis early 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of Kleggs before, but these are great! I like the colour scheme, and the heads came out particularly well. A very fine paint job, Tamsin. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're from a very early Judge Dredd story. :)

      Delete
  8. Very nice croco-aliens, Tamsin! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great painting - thanks for sharing the 200AD backstory.
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely figures, I really like the work done on the heads. I hope you’re feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great Tamsin, love the bright blue and brass. Glad to hear that they’re none to bright.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those llok great. I love the contrasting blue and green colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb efforts on the figures, am sorry to hear of the travel mishap - best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are very and nicely painted! Great job here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great stuff. Where do you get the see-thru bases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I believe I got them from Sarissa Precision.

      Delete
  16. Always had a soft spot for the Kleggs and their crazy rhyming chants! And you've done these proper justice Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The strips back then were definitely aimed at a younger audience, you wouldn't get those rhyming chants these days. :)

      Delete
  17. Wow, I didn't realise how big they were! Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great looking Kleggs! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete