Friday 23 December 2022

From Paul O'G: Last War Barbed Wire Beasts (15 points)

My opening entry for Season XIII is also my first salvo for a small side project. Last War is a small indy produced skirmish level game with a Weird/Horror WW1 theme, with the premise that the War goes on, never ending, with only death awaiting all...

On that cheery note - Merry Christmas!

What really got me was some wonderful digital sculpts by another small indy company called Knucklebones Miniatures (whom you can find on Facebook, Patreon, and MyMiniFactory).  I just couldn't unsee them, and so (with Reilly's technomage assistance at our 3d printer), here we are. 

Pics thematically taken in front of the Rulebook Cover

While my first Section of Trenchers is under construction, here are the first of their battlefield antagonists - barbed wire beasts. The "Spandau ballet" undead kept in agonising pain by the cursed barbed wire that is now enmeshed in their bodies as they hunt the living across No Man's Land...  

I sculpted the bases to represent the eternally muddy and moist Western Front 

Great to be back and always good to get onto the scoreboard before Christmas - hope you all have a great one!

_________________________________

Haha! This is hilarious, as I have the same three minis on ramp to get done for the exact same set of rules. Burned! Well done, Paul. These ghouls look absolutely fabulous, especially with the wire wrapped around them. Chilling. 

- Curt

33 comments:

  1. Thanks Curt - always a rare thing to steal a March on the Snowlord, but I shall look forward to this non-duel sideshow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done . Another off the wall project appear in the challenge .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave - some of the overachievers in this challenge push the rest of us to increasingly obscure corners of our hobby! :-)

      Delete
  3. This looks an interesting project, even for non-fantasy guys like me. I'll follow closely. And a great trio of ghouls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benito - I'll try to maintain your interest !

      Delete
  4. What a great idea, these look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice (?), I've been looking at the Knucklebones stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB - their $5 Patreon is awesome value and gives you access to all their STLs

      Delete
  6. Very creepy - lobe the basing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hohoho merry Christmas indeed. Those are quite horrible looking. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great boils, I saw some like that at work yesterday so can vouch for their authenticity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yuck. That’s a compliment. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why is everyone painting weird stuff. Top job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from the fun and unique factor, I do find it rather a nice break from historicals and trying to replicate uniforms and paint schemes. Allows for a bit more creativity I think

      Delete
  11. Oh what??? You just got me into Turnip28 and now this!!? The look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You aint seen nuthin' yet matey... :-)

      Delete
  12. Good creepy stuff - and another win for 3D sculpting & printing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look wonderfully creepy and tortured, Paul. I like the colors you selected and look forward to seeing the trenchers!

    ReplyDelete