Saturday 18 March 2023

From FrederickC - High Elf Warriors and Command (60 points)

 This is definitely my last submission for AHPC XIII, which my lovely wife let me finish on Friday despite it being our 33rd Anniversary. (I took her to a very nice restaurant for dinner in the evening). It consists of 10 High Elf Warriors with spear and shield, a Captain, and a Banner Bearer, all by Games Workshop. Four of the Elf Warriors are a recent purchase and made of resin. The remaining figures are all metal. When I first got into Middle Earth gaming, I acquired some secondhand plastic High Elves from the 'Warriors of the Last Alliance' box. I wanted to flesh them out with some warriors with spear and shield and had picked up the metal figures as 2 or 3 figure blisters, and more recently got the last four that are made of resin. The resin figures are the same sculpts as the earlier metal minis and look identical once painted.

 All the figures were cleaned up and assembled, and mounted on their bases. Some fine sand was glued to the base with PVA, and they were then primed black with an airbrush. Painting was primarily done using Vallejo acrylics, but also my long-serving Partha True Blue and Bronze Metallic, which are still hanging in there. I also used some Citadel Reikland Fleshshade wash on the faces. Here's the final result.

 

High Elf Warriors and Command

Metal High Elf Captain and Banner Bearer

Metal High Elf Warriros

Resin High Elf Warriors

My High Elf host with Gilgalad and Elrond

 

 This completes the last of the High Elves in my storage boxes, although I am now thinking I may need to add some Knights of Rivendell to my elvish muster. Only the Galadhrim Elves, the Easterlings, and the Numenorians remain, but they will have to wait for now.

 

The points being claimed are as follows:

12 x 25mm foot figures @ 5 points = 60 points 

I think I hear the fat lady warming up backstage. 😉

Great looking elven host, hopefully the infantry can tide you over until you can get some cavalry done. Your wife is very understanding if she is letting you spend your anniversary painting. 

-StuartL

16 comments:

  1. Very neat painting on these elves! I have quite a lot of these, but I have managed to avoid the resin ones and stick to plastic and metal. But like you said, they are identical once painted. Well done, you had a great Challenge and see you in December for more Lotr goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Teemu. I don't have a lot of LotR left. so the potential focus for AHPC XIV will likely to be some late First World War Brits and Germans, or possibly a Samurai army.

      Delete
  2. I love these models and you have done them justice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great elves Frederick. I hope supper was good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter. I opted for the Seared Salmon, which was mediocre. I should have gone with the Lamb Shank. ;^)

      Delete
  4. Very nice work, Frederick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great unit of elves, Frederick! They are fine figures and you have done a fine job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent looking Elves!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really enjoyed all your LotR stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barks. I didn't quite get as much done as I planned, but I am happy to get as much done as I did. I foundt painting LotR minis doesn't go as quickly are WW2 Soviet infantry. ;^)

      Delete