Saturday 18 March 2023

From PhilH: A rewrite along the Yellow Brick Road (25 Points)


Due to a series of unfortunate events, I've fallen behind schedule, so my original Yellow Brick Road entry is going to be reassigned to a new location. So as my first YBR, I bring you this highly cinematic...bear. Perhaps a call-out to 2015's The Revenant (that I haven't seen myself, but the scene is notorious). Or maybe 2023's... Cocaine Bear? You choose. 



Metal model by Warbases, who do a handy collection of wild animals as 'set dressing' that JohnE and I are all about. I painted it as a black bear, it didn't seem massive and p*ssed off enough to be a Grizzly. He can roam the tabletop forests of North America, terrorising settlers and native warriors alike. 

I felt it needed a reason to be on the tabletop, and that reason is someone disturbed its lunch of this groundhog. 'Cheeky free beaver' file (say what?), rescaled and FDM 3D printed, tail cut off, trimmed down to stick on the base, job done. 



Teaser trailer for a future entry. Not a good time to be caught unloaded.


A 28mm Bear plus lunch: an easy 5 points and 20 for the YBR. 



Cool looking set dressing, more tables need stuff like this to fill in the empty parts of the table and make it look more like real terrain rather than a green sheet on a kitchen table. The addition of the bear's lunch is a nice touch, too.

-StuartL


19 comments:

  1. Good looking bear, I like the Warbases range of wild animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bear. Better hide those picernic baskets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leter, I suppose he will be looking for some dessert after his groundhog!

      Delete
  3. He's a bit of a bruiser!! Nice work, watch the film, its great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bear, love the lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking bear and lunch looks good too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Phil! The Revenant is a good film and that bear attack is horrific. That fellow better get reloaded and hope baby bear isn't near him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s definitely taken a wrong turn somewhere!

      Delete