Thursday 31 December 2020

AlanD - Third Century Legionaries (48 points)

 Happy New Year everyone! May your spray varnish never fog and your brushes stay pointy.


I'm continuing to clear my decks of my 'last' 3rd Century Romans from A&A Miniatures. After painting some units I had a number of figures left over - not enough for a whole new unit, but enough to use as markers or to extend the frontage of my units so they can be used in different games systems. Unfortunately, this also meant trying to copy shield designs I had painted a couple of months back, so it has been a bit of a pain. Anyway, here are the first 8 of these chaps.



My next submission should complete my C3rd project, in so far as any of our projects are ever completed, and I look forward to posting some photos of the whole army.

15 comments:

  1. Very nice shields. Really stand out.

    Cheers. BruceR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the freehand on the shields. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great shields -- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic painted shields! Marvellous!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a project ever really finished? Lovely looking minis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great figures Dux, I really like those shields. Shield designs likely showed variation on a common theme as they would be painted by different hands, at different times etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Alan! I too grind my teeth when I have to return to a project/unit and dig up (or worse, reimagine) the paint recipe or technique I used on the originals. That being said, these look absolutely terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Alan! They look great - and super work on the shields!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, A&A are one of my favourite ranges

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Painted shields, extra marks 👍
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good work! Well done on the freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Late Romans, always a treat. Any Romans, realy. They look great and the shields are marvellous!

    ReplyDelete