Thursday 31 December 2020

PaulS: Mobile Armour(y) (60 Points)

 There were plenty of options for the Armoury entry, but given that part of this year has been spent painting up a new Tallarn Guard army using parts from Reptilian Overlords, it made sense to use this opportunity to add a few tanks into the mix. One is a repaint of the Hellhound I did a few years back and the other is Reptilian Overlord's Russ equivalent.

I sold my old guard army as I didn't want two different forces hanging around, but I kept a couple of the Forgeworld tanks like this Hellhound


The Russ equivalent is called a Caiman and it comes with so many bits to make the different variants. There are some more in the queue as well as some spare turrets to do different variants and give me options. Each turret costs about £1.50 to print... so why not? This one encountered some printing problems that caused the turret to tear, so rather than binning it I filled the gaps, added some weld lines and made it look like battle damage that has been badly repaired while in the field. At the time I wasn't in the mood to try and print a new one, so that was easier ;)


Two tanks and the Armoury points, should be 60 points to the score, which should tip me over me over my original goal of 500 points, which I'm impressed by. I truly didn't think I'd get this much done... certainly not this fast! Next goal will be 1000 points.


10 comments:

  1. Great looking battered guard armour, lovely weathering!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the weathering is wonderful. Nice way to deal with the fault in the print- it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, dude, you are on fire this Challenge. What is going on?! Have you stopped painting since the 21st? Incredible stuff. Love these, especially the weathering, battle damage and the sandbags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking tanks and congratulations on having beaten your original goal already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cracking work Paul! I've gotta check out the Reptilian Overlords stuff again. I backed their Patreon when they had it, but it was pretty disappointing with not many sculpts available and very erratic release schedules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice stuff Paul. Love the battered and well used appearance on these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are some really nice looking vehicles, great weathering
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. They’ve come out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking Guard armour. I especially like that Hellhound.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sterling job all around, and clever use of the misprint. The weathering and the tracks are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete