Thursday 31 December 2020

From DrQ: Storming Adventurers' Landing (60 points)

Down to level 2!

I'll admit that "A chance to paint a landing on a home or foreign shore to collect some points" had me a bit perplexed. My Kharadron Overlords are less about landing or invading than creating floating trading empires or mining for magical metals. When inspiration hit, it came in the form of a scene from Apocalypse Now:

Can't you just hear Wagner in the background? The horror.

So yes, based off of some your encouragements from my previous post (LINK), I've finished up a unit of 40k ork Deffkoptas.



Perhaps in the future I'll even mod a few of these to include surf boards so that they indeed can surf the beach upon completion of their objectives. Also, in a glaring difference from my Kharadron sky vessel from the other day, the bases are just clear plastic flight stands. This is intentional. I know that the basing for many of these models has changed since the old Assault on Black Reach box I have, and I'd rather measure twice and paint once as it were. 

As far as points, four of the five of these are new (the one in the back right having been posted earlier). They are effectively cavalry in the size and function, so 10 points each plus 20 for the area bonus is 60 points total.

From here I'm heading to the Shrine, where some unconventional clerics await...

10 comments:

  1. Lovely Kopters.
    I can hear it now dumdudadadah dumdudadadah....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie don’t surf! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arguably the best scene in the film and some great models to compliment it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid choppers! Don't you love the smell of burning space marines in the morning!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work, DrQ... and a fine landing in unconventional fashion. Love the Deffkoptas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great looking squadron of choppers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the landing room, I may have to dig out a Huey 🪖
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is better than a Deffkopta? Five Deffkoptas! Well done, they look awsesome.

    ReplyDelete