Thursday 31 December 2020

From DaveV: First Entry - Sedition Wars Vanguard Samaritan

As a first-time entrant to the Challenge, I am really looking forward to the experience; I have lurked with interest for the past several years.. This figure is my Price of Entry; I am sure it will go to a good home!





I usually paint very slowly, but I hope to use the Challenge to spark some slightly accelerated finishing of projects. This is a 28mm resin figure and separate resin cast base from Studio McVey, once available separately for their now-OOP space combat board game, Sedition Wars. As a resin figure, it's a cleaner casting than the kind of awful restic used in the actual board game models.









Primed black with airbrushed zenithal highlights, this figure was completed in glazes of acrylic washes, with some extra attention for the visor. Only 5 points; it should properly be part of the The Armoury category, but that's a second level challenge room.




I used a scheme similar to Master Chief, in the same colours as the boxed set models I had previously painted. 




10 comments:

  1. Great looking scifi trooper, lovely finish and welcome to the challenge!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the designs of the infantry, but that restic stuff was awful. Glad you managed to get a resin version, he looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice first entry - welcome to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Challenge Dave!! It's wonderful to have you with us. This is a great figure (the visor clinches it) and will be a welcome addition to any Challenger's collection. Lovely work Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking SF adventurer. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Dave. Welcome aboard .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking trooper

    Must pick up some of those to paint myself

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the Challenge Dave, great to see you off the mark 😀
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice job, I like the base too!

    ReplyDelete