Thursday 19 January 2023

From AndrewB: Titleless Horror (Black and white)(60pts)

Another week that was slow on the basing front!   For whatever reason, basing has always been something I don’t enjoy, so there’s another dozen or so 28mm figures and a raft of 15mm that need bases before entering, but I’ve cobbled together two speeders for my off-brand Star Wars drawing from the very best that small-town America has to offer!  

First, my entry for black and white(some shiny gray-scale in there too), a speeder for Darth Brooks’ ace pilot buddy, Day’el ‘The Intimidator’.  


I’m godawful at free hand work, and my 3D printer still needs some fine-tuning before it’s up to full potential, but it’s certainly a good piece to get banged around a table, accumulating more and more character as we go   The highlights turned out kind of ‘meh’, but maybe that’s just the rattle can paint of a galaxy far, far from the big city   

As Day’el has the good speeder, and can get Darth around wherever he needs to go, Darth’s speeder has seen better days, and Day’el’s fixer upper is currently out back of Darth’s place, just a couple trips to the parts store away from a new coat of paint.  She’s seen better days, but the ladies down at the Department of Speeder Vehicles will be handing over a new set of plates by this time next year! Everyone has that old white vehicle in their past, sometimes it just stays in the yard a while.  Here’s Darth’s- 


Little bit of galactic Bondo, that body work’s all done!  

Overall, I’m having a great time with the Star Wars project, and I can’t wait to show you all some of the figures I’ve found!  More are coming soon!

For this week, we’ll go with two 28mm vehicles, and the challenge room for a total of 60pts. This should also round out all of the green level rooms, and I’m ready to blast through the blue!  I’ll get the map up, it’s saved on my computer right now   

From TeemuL: Creative approach for Black and White, but definitely something from the silver screen, so I'll let you pass. Even though you didn't have your name on the post title. And you didn't have the title either. Or the map. What am I doing, why I'm passing this by, help me! Black is usually much more difficult to paint interesting and we can clearly see it here. The black ship is black, but old white vehicle is much more interesting with all the shades and different textures. Always nice to see some Star Wars material.

10 comments:

  1. Nice spacecraft, although some poor mechanic is going to have a tough time with Darth’s speeder…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on these two speeders, Andrew. That last one is going to be a detailer's nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative approach to black and white! Great entry and what's not to like it's Star Wars!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the speeders - great work. Was confused about the title until I read the minion comments

    ReplyDelete