Thursday 19 January 2023

From SteveA: KoW proxies and another Skeleton Cav (Under Construction) (61 Points)

This week I knocked the dust off a couple old partly painted projects that have been in my "get back to this soon" pile for over a decade, and completed some recently printed minis I had started to paint a few months before the challenge.  So I am moving to the Under Construction studio this week to ding a few extra challenge points.


Following up from 2 undead skeleton Cavalry in my previous post, this week I completed an old GW Skeleton Box set Skeleton Cavalry conversion I had created a long while back by using green stuff to Zombify the skeletal horse model.

   Back when I had briefly played an Undead army  for Warhammer fantasy battle, I had notions that the Skeleton rider on the Zombie horse was the leader of my undead cavalry unit, whom all the other skellies on boney steads followed.  This model had been partly painted for over 2 decades before the remaining painting efforts were completed this week 



For Kings of War games I play with ByronM we use 10mm minis fixed atop the same sized regiment bases as used for the proper 28mm  KoW  ( to give a stronger impression that our battles are well attended)

For my KoW force, I had dug into an old box of miscellaneous minis to find a 54mm Demon to use as a proxy for a large monster unit.   This demon model and been partly painted and stripped of paint several times since the 90s, before I had started a new paint job on it last year but not finished until this week.


Also, in summer of 2022 I had applied a sparse few dabs of paint atop a base coat for some 10mm Despoiler Charioteers and Ogres minis,  (3d printed designs by Forest Dragon)  and this week they received their overdue finish. 


This Week's Total                                                      61 points
 x1 Skeleton Calvary  (Mounted Figure, 28mm)     = 10 points
 x1 Deamon                (Foot Figure, 28mm)            = 10 points
x11 Despoiler Ogers  (Foot Figure, 10mm)           = 11 Points
 x5 Despolier Chariot (Mounted Figure, 10mm)    = 10 Points
Studio: Under Construction                                     = 20 Points

From TeemuL: I didn't realize before, but there are two 10mm KoW players in Team Thor's Day and they are playing against each other. I should have noted this earlier, but at least these two posts are published next to each other. The skeleton rider looks good, but the proxy monster is an ace, something for the lizards to chew! I scored the deamon as 54mm mini, so then he is worth 10 points and your calculations correct.

10 comments:

  1. Great work, Steve. I love the moody and grim look of that undead horseman - very Mork Borg (you'll see, it's coming up). I'm also really admiring your Chaos forces seen here. I like 'well-attended' battles too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great Steve. Good to see the skelly horse get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Steve, the skelly horse is a classic

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job on these lovely 10mm figures, and the daemon is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of full sized table & bases with massed smaller figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That basing format looks great.

    ReplyDelete